X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • galaxyexplorer42
    Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
    • Mar 3, 2010

Western Question, and your opinion-

Did the Mego Western series ever come on Type 2 bodies? I'm getting close to completing my Western series, & all the figures I have are T1.
    For the most part, & with only a few exceptions, I only collect T2 figures. If Mego Western only ever came on T1, should I convert MY figures to T2 bodies? Will they now NOT be considered completely original? I like the T2 body better, & I WANT to convert all figures to T2, but would this be taboo? Of course my question will be a non issue if they ever came on the T2.... Anyway, what's your opinion?
    Galaxy Explorer
  • Zemo
    Still Smokin'
    • Feb 14, 2006

That's a god question. I have only ever owned T1's, but since Mego put them out again in 80 on Lion Rocks, I'm not sure. You can do what ever you like as far as switching goes, but me, I would not convert an original T1 to a T2.

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
      • Mar 3, 2010

What about restringing the T1? I've restrung several t1's & T2's. Once they're restrung, do you now also have to consider them NOT completely original? I've restrung so many floppy T1's & broken leg T2's that I'm starting to wonder if that's taboo as well, even though the figures are much nicer when restrung...
      Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

I believe the opinion is it's okay to re-string figures,just as long as you mention it if you ever sell the figures.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Banned
          • Jun 23, 2001

They did come on T2 Bodies at the end of the Mego run...when the Lion Rock Carded ones came out. Like the ones in this auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WESTERN-HERO...p2047675.l2557

Hopefully the link is still working.

Comment

• alex
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 15, 2009

Also another thing, wouldnt the cloths be a tighter fit on a T2 body?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Yes, the clothes were altered from Type 1 to Type 2, so your Western figures would have some snug clothing. I wouldn't switch them. Now you need a Type 2 set!

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Zemo
                Still Smokin'
                • Feb 14, 2006

Originally posted by galaxyexplorer42
                What about restringing the T1? I've restrung several t1's & T2's. Once they're restrung, do you now also have to consider them NOT completely original? I've restrung so many floppy T1's & broken leg T2's that I'm starting to wonder if that's taboo as well, even though the figures are much nicer when restrung...
                This you would get different opinions, but mine is it doesn't matter as to the originality.

Comment

• scifiguy94
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 18, 2009

Are those 8" Lion Rock bodies marked Lion Rock or still have Mego?

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                    Banned
                    • Jun 23, 2001

I would assume the bodies are marked Megos....it's just the packaging that makes it Lion Rock. Artwork is completely different than the Kresge artwork and it is completely different than the Tim Mee versions of the Western figures.

Tim Mee versions are very common and are on type 2 bodies....so if you can find some Tim Mee versions of the western figures you can take the clothes off of those figures and put them on a Type 2 Body and it would fit fine. The Tim Mee bodies are a grade less than the Mego Type 2 bodies...but 100 times better than the CTVT bodies. Hope that helps.

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
                      • Mar 3, 2010

So, just in playing around, I've switched out a T1 Western Davey Crockett to a T2 body. The clothes fit fine. The figure stands much nicer, without the spread eagle stance that most all non-re-strung T1's have. I like it better this way. As far as I know, the T2 body could have been anybody, any non "colored hand" T2 body. (probably not an ex-WGSH or villain, but of course, I guess the hands could have been switched out over the past 30 years or so, how would I know. I've only had the T2 body for a year or 2. I guess that's always possible with loose Mego. Anyway, I still have its T1 body, & I can always swap it back to the T1. That's one of the great things about Megos. Now that I think about it, even the T1 body may not have been its original T1.

I own no Lion Rock figures, and to the best of my knowledge, none of my T2 bodies are ex-Lion Rocks. The Lion Rock bodies are the same as the T2's but slightly less quality than Mego....? Same Copyright markings on the back of the torsos... & they're the same size as Mego.... ? So the only difference is packaging.... So Westerns are able to be found on T2 bodies like Blue Meanie's link showed us... That makes me much more comfortable in switching them out...

Maybe i'll change my mind sometime soon, and NOT want to switch my westerns to T2's from T1's, but for now i'll keep Davy Crockett as is... besides, I don't NEED a set of T1 & a set of T2 at the same time, but... jeeesh... this Mego hobby never ends, does it....
                      Last edited by galaxyexplorer42; Sep 22, '12, 7:18 PM.
                      Galaxy Explorer

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎