X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • galaxyexplorer42
    Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
    • Mar 3, 2010

Mad Monster T2 hand variations

I have the type 1 & type 2 Mad monsters, & we all know the difference between those. But my question is, has anyone noticed two different types of t2 hands in the Mad Monsters? One set of hands has fingers close together, and another set has the fingers seperated... Does anyone know if one or the other is more rare, or why there are 2 different kinds, or has any info on this.... ?
    Last edited by galaxyexplorer42; Jul 25, '12, 3:00 PM.
    Galaxy Explorer
  • dumbldor
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 9, 2002

Others could answer this better and with more confidence, but I believe that the T2 Mego Mad Monsters issued in solid boxes the mid 70s may have been a little different than the T2 Mego Lion rock Mad Monsters issued on bubble cards circa 1980, including the hands.

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

earlier thread on this subject
      I was under the impression that early vintage T2 Mad Monsters had unique hands (ie, Wolfman's are hairy & clawed), but later Lion Rock reissues had standard t2 hands molded in glow plastic. Is that correct?

Comment

• Blue Meanie
        Banned
        • Jun 23, 2001

Not only are there variations with the hands...but I think both Franky and Wolfman came with variation boots on the last release Lion Rock cards. There is also a fur variation with the Wolfman. All of which are variations with Type 2 Monsters.

Comment

• sauce
          Removed
          • Jun 24, 2007

Yeah, that Stabilio character got me hooked on thinking I needed the squared off FrankenBoots. . . . and he was right.

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
            Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
            • Mar 3, 2010

Thanks for the info, but what?!?! Boot variations?!?! Damnit! I was happy that i had complete T1 & T2 Mad Monsters! Now i gotta have boot variations too?!?! I just wanted info on the hands... I WAS completely happy with what i had...This post just cost me some money & time searching... Here we go again... ;-)
            Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

^ It's a challenge....I have t1 & t2 Monsters, but not the unique hands or variant heads.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Tothiro
                Kitten Mittens
                • Aug 28, 2008

Ah man! I'd never noticed the boot variation write-up before.
                Great, I'm distracting myself here from this morning's surprise emergency tooth pain, and now THIS! </hyperbole>

Seriously though that's pretty neat. I have to keep an eye out for those. I have a standard glow T2 handed Drac (lion rock I guess?) and a split fingers Mummy (which would be the mego boxed guy) but need another two hand pairs myself of either type for my initial monster goals.

Why do so many of us have to have such good taste all at the same time?

Comment

• sauce
                  Removed
                  • Jun 24, 2007

I'm out after Blue Frank.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I like the sculpt variants, but with the black hair...

Bry--did you find replacement eyes?
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sauce
                      Removed
                      • Jun 24, 2007

Yeah, I have a nice T1 standard Drac that I need to cannibalize.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎