X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trappy Trek Freak
    House of a thousand Megos
    • Aug 10, 2009

Blue eyed Scotty

Hey everyone, I have a ton of Star TRek figures as you know. Probably this question has been asks a million times but why does Mego Scotty come with blue eyes and Jimmy Doohan on TOS has brown eyes? Is it because they didn't want Bones to be the only one with blue eyes? I repaint me Scotty's eyes brown in my collection and some I leave blue but give him a blue shirt to make him a random crewman. I'm sure there is an expert here that can give me the answer!! Thanks guys oh check out my Trek stuff on flickr
    Trappy
    Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream
  • Trappy Trek Freak
    • Aug 10, 2009

Is it because of the cartoon series? Does anyone have the answer?

Comment

• actjac01
      Veteran Member
      • May 17, 2009

Ya know, I believe this was brought up before, but for the life of me, I can not remember which post it was... or if anything was ever resolved... or if this was even answered.
      I do know that Scotty (or for you classic Mego fans out there...'Scottie') on the animated series actually had black/brown eyes, as did all of the characters (I think that was due to Filmation's art style at the time.)
      I now remember that the last time this was brought up, we all check our 'Scotties' and saw that yes, they were blue. Matter of fact, I just checked them again.
      Okay, I know this really didn't answer your question, but it's all I got for you. Sorry.
      "...You can capture the Klingon & bring him back to the Enterprise!"

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
        • Aug 10, 2009

They only thing I could think of was that Mego would have had an extra bunch of blue paint because McCoy was the only blue eyed figure, so they just made Scottie Blue eyed to use it up. Or maybe it was just a mistake and Mego just went with it???

Comment

• MegoCapnMike
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 22, 2012

Maybe just to add a little more diversity to the line would be my guess. That is a good question though.
          Looking for:

--Lion Rock "Mr Rock's" shoes/ boots (these may also be the same as the lion rock monster line boots)

--Mystery Astronaught

Comment

• robbo1970
            • Oct 2, 2010

You could ask the same question about Starsky.

Who knows!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎