X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoMark71
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 18, 2008

Dirty Superman...get your minds out of the gutter

OK i need a little help guys. I have a minty type 2 Superman that someone must have left on a doll stand for a long time. It has some brown staining on it's front and on the vinyl yellow belt. I know i have heard oxy clean is good for the fabric but how do i get the staining off the belt. Other than this he is nice and blue and the cape is nice and crisp? I'll get a pic up in a minute. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by MegoMark71; Jan 27, '12, 11:57 AM.
  • starsky
    veteran member
    • Aug 26, 2007

i've had that happen to my superman and batman as well over time and i was the one who took them off the card. i think the fabric just 'mutates' over time. i've had no luck getting that brownish color off.

Comment

• MegoMark71
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 18, 2008

I was afraid of that. I paid $70 bucks for it about 5 years ago and i never got around to figuring out how to remove the brown from the belt. I just had it on display next to my other Superman. It never bothered me til i look at it close. Really is a shame cause the rest of the outfit is pretty sweet. I appreciate the knowledge thanks.

Comment

• Saroyan
        Persistent Member
        • Oct 4, 2011

I use Plexus plastic cleaner on plastic and vinyl - don't know how well it would work on a stain like that.

Comment

• MegoLover
          • Jan 1, 2009

on the customizer side there was a post about a similar situation with an Andorian (it had pictures - now gone) & he had great results :
          Andorian:TOTAL removal of belt stain from tunic! See inside. Thanks, Dave Mc! - Mego Talk

Comment

• MegoMark71
            Permanent Member
            • Dec 18, 2008

Thanks a bunch guys. This figure is awesome except for what you see. I'm actually going to put it in the marketplace and let the buyer try this method. You guys rock and i thank you. Someone is going to get a great figure for a great deal.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎