X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

8" Wonder Woman Bracelets

Just picked up my first female WGSH: Wonder Woman. Noticed her bracelets were a lavender color. Her shorts are still the right color blue, so that rules out sun discoloration. Is this common for WW figures?
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Anyone?

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

Yes, it's common.
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• J.B.
        Guild Navigator
        • Jun 23, 2010

Thanks Scott.

I searched under her variations and saw the short cuffs/long cuffs, small stars/big stars and boots/no boots, but I didn't see any information about the lavender bracelets (cuffs).

So, is this also a variation, or do the bracelets (cuffs) discolor faster than the shorts? Wondering minds want to know.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I'm assuming you mean a WW with separate sewn bracelets. The screen-printed shorts should not fade much in relation to the rest of the suit.

I assume the sewn bracelets fade from blue to purple just like some sewn-suit Catwomen sometimes do. (My WW has lavender cuffs, too. I've never cheled the interior seam to assess "fading."
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• J.B.
            Guild Navigator
            • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            I'm assuming you mean a WW with separate sewn bracelets. The screen-printed shorts should not fade much in relation to the rest of the suit.

I assume the sewn bracelets fade from blue to purple just like some sewn-suit Catwomen sometimes do. (My WW has lavender cuffs, too. I've never cheled the interior seam to assess "fading."
            Just checked her out and yes, they are sewn on. Turned them inside out and they are equally as lavender on the inside.
            Thanks for the info. PNGwynne.

Comment

• captact
              King of Super Queens!
              • Aug 19, 2007

Some blues that are sewn on tend to fade while some others dont,..those that fade are from the same material worn on the Mego Catwoman's, which also fade to a lavender hue due to economical dyes.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎