X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Den82
    Career Member
    • Jan 17, 2011

Gloves

Is there such a thing as right/left gloves in the case of Aquaman and Robin?

So I bought the lot with Aquaman and Robin. Only 2 green gloves in the bunch though. I noticed about both pairs, is that one side seems a bit glossier than the other and the texture is a little different. Is a green glove a green glove or?

I'm a bit anal about things.
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

probably has something to do with how either sunlight hit it or the gloves were handled from mostly one side. the oils in the hand tend to affect things

Comment

• Megotu
      jerk
      • Dec 16, 2001

I was thinking along the lines of how the industrial rollers making one side side of aluminum foil shiny and the other side not shiny...
      sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

I think you had an Aquaman and a Robin so it's possible you got one of each figure
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
          Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
          • Mar 3, 2010

I have a very old Aquaman, one that sat in a box in a basement for at least 30 years... It wasn't handed from collector to collector over the years. So the gloves are most likely from the original figure. The 2 green gloves look the same when laying on a table. If you flip one over, they still look the same. When you flip them both over, they look different. Its like 3 sides of the 2 gloves are the same, but the 4th side is different....If the vinyl like material was cookie cut and pressed together in manufacturing, there could have been different dye lots in the lay ups of vinyl fabric, or something of this nature. Of course I don't even know if the gloves were manufactured this way, but it might explain the differences.....I used to work in a clothing manufacturing plant, and often times when we were making for instance a ski jacket, you could see slight differences in the supposed "same" color of 2 different bolts of fabric.....But its just speculation on my part...
          Last edited by galaxyexplorer42; Aug 10, '11, 1:44 AM.
          Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• Den82
            Career Member
            • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by toys2cool
            I think you had an Aquaman and a Robin so it's possible you got one of each figure
            That is exactly what I am thinking.

Dull on this side.

A bit glossier on this side.

It also seems the texture is different too.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎