X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPittVol
    Volunteer Collector
    • Feb 23, 2011

WGSH Gals - Restoring Info

Is it difficult to repair a Mego female body? Are they held together with rubber bands like their male counterparts? Also, how do the heads attach to the neck on the female body? Do they just pop on? I tried searching the forums for an answer but couldn't find anything.
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

there is a rubber band holding it all together. the head it attached to a neck plug which is held on by the rubber band

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Unfortunately, because of the way the upper legs & pelvis pieces are glued together, it is not possible to repair/replace hips & legs on female figures without breaking them. You can replace the arms, torso, & waist ball easily.

It is also possible to replace the leg rubber band with elastic, as a repair.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• SPittVol
        Volunteer Collector
        • Feb 23, 2011

Thanks for the responses.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
          Permanent Member
          • Jan 17, 2011

The arms are connected to each other as are the leg with a rubber band going fron the pelvis through the neck plug holding everything together.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
            Formerly known as Del
            • Dec 12, 2004

Edited because I have a faulty memory.
            Last edited by Bizarro Amy; Oct 9, '11, 6:00 PM.
            Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
            https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
            http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• SPittVol
              Volunteer Collector
              • Feb 23, 2011

Originally posted by del
              There's a little hook inside the hips/upper legs. It's inserted from the outside with a plug on the end. I've had those hooks break and have replaced them by fitting the elastic through a bead. I'll get pics later.
              I also think it would be possible to repair split upper torso and hip pieces using epoxy and clamps. The clamp might be the only way to connect the two pieces tightly enough.
              Pics would be awesome....

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎