X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hobub
    Ghost of a Dead Indian
    • Jun 18, 2001

Fist Fighter CA emblem

It's common understanding that Captain America has a cloth or felt emblem. But what about the fist fighter version, it looks vinyl in this photo in the link. Can someone verifiy, is this maybe a vinyl or plastic emblem instead of the standard cloth or felt?

Fist Fighting Captain America: WGSH Gallery: Mego Museum
    Last edited by hobub; Jul 2, '11, 12:32 PM. Reason: usual typo
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

Mine is definitely a plastic or vinyl. It's got a texture to it that makes it look more plastic.

Comment

• hobub
      Ghost of a Dead Indian
      • Jun 18, 2001

Thanks for concurring.

Comment

• stabilio
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 10, 2002

Vinyl emblems for Captain America were never made. The FF Captain America should have the later type of cloth emblem found on carded Type 2 Captain America figures (see the accessory check - it would be the emblem style shown on the left).

The photo referenced in the gallery is Brian's old FF Cap. It is on a custom card. He did not have a carded Palitoy FF Cap at the time (I believe that he has a real one now). The emblem in that photo is custom made.

Comment

• Marvelmania
          A Ray of Sunshine
          • Jun 17, 2001

The one on the far left is the same texture as mine but it's got a bit of a shine to it that gives it a plastic appearance.

Comment

• Marvelmania
            A Ray of Sunshine
            • Jun 17, 2001

Here's a scan of mine. I felt the tip of the star and it feels very rigid and stiff.

Comment

• stabilio
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 10, 2002

The one on the left of my previous post is a bit worn and would ordinarily be shinier but it is wholly cloth.

What you have shown in this last post is actually the "felt" emblem (shown in the middle of the accessory check photo). What hasn't been mentioned is that the "felt" type emblem does have a plastic/vinyl backing. And that is what is seen in your closeup above. Your emblem has been applied (presumably at the factory) backwards, with the felt side against the fabric. I have seen this twice before so its not unheard of, just an uncommon factory error. Still there are only 2 types of original Mego Captain America emblems as shown.

Is your emblem on a fist fighter? If so, then both styles of emblem could be correct for the fist fighter Cap.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                A Ray of Sunshine
                • Jun 17, 2001

Thanks for the info. I had never thought about it being applied backwards. Yes, it's on an FF cap.

Comment

• hobub
                  Ghost of a Dead Indian
                  • Jun 18, 2001

Thanks for the info Ron, I thought I was onto something there but I see not.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Threads like these illustrate why the Museum is simply--the best!
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎