• Show
Clear All
  • SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

Clark Kent head vs Dinah Mite Don head

..who would win the battle?

Seriously,
    I have Superman head I got in a lot and checked that it looked odd to me. No markings on back and very light skinned. Any ideas? Anyone have photos so I can compare?
    How rare is it? I won't be utilizing it since it is currently housed in my head bag for customs.
  • RG
    Removed.
    • Oct 1, 2004

light skin it's Don ... Kent has that coffee with cream color

do you have a photo of it?

Comment

• RG
      Removed.
      • Oct 1, 2004

my real don vs. don clone

as for value ... really since his outfit is just action jackson. the head holds the value. but as you can see in my picture early superman heads look just the same ... only difference is the copyright and that doenst even really show unless you're lookng at the back of his neck

I paid about $100 for my Don. I saw one sell for about $40 on ebay but didnt have the outfit and wasn't listed as Don.

so you add a type O body ... AJ cycle pants and a AJ spyshirt. with some common white AJ boots ... since he's been found boxed with just the simple boots ... list him as Don and I'd think you'd have about $100 figure ... give or take. that is if it's really a Don head ... no copyright marks at all not even a faint trace ... where Kent might have a trace of markings
      Last edited by RG; Jun 24, '11, 3:06 PM.

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by RussG
        light skin it's Don ... Kent has that coffee with cream color

do you have a photo of it?
        I'll post a photo of it when I get home. Only reason why I brought it up is because I saw the Clark Kent head from an alter ego thread and it looked like it but lighter.

Comment

• RG
          Removed.
          • Oct 1, 2004

Originally posted by ealdrett
          I'll post a photo of it when I get home. Only reason why I brought it up is because I saw the Clark Kent head from an alter ego thread and it looked like it but lighter.
          also it does have the long type one neck plug right? if not then for sure not don or kent.

The kent head puzzles me. I have a superman type one head, with a very slight bit of info ... and is a darker color ... not dark like type 2 heads but still not a kent head ... just a darker superman head. I somehow got lucky and ended up with a bruce wayne alter ego head and after having that side by side I can see the color difference and the color a AE should be ... someone had a nice color chart listed on here ... wish I had a link to it but really helped with getting things figured out

Comment

• sauce
            Removed
            • Jun 24, 2007

Props to MEGOCRAZY

Comment

• Tothiro
              Kitten Mittens
              • Aug 28, 2008

What about painted lips?
              I have a T1 Supes head here that looks like a Kent color and has the copyright buffed out of the mold (only thing I can make out faintly under magnification is the NC of INC.) but he has remnants of what looks like a light pink painted lip... Just like the early issue Trek T1 crew.
              So Whattheheckisthat?

Comment

• SeattleEd
                SynthoRes Transmigrator
                • Oct 24, 2007

Bump this old thread back up.

Bryan, thanks for the color chart. Looks like I have a Don head so that's good. I can build him out now for the Dinah Mite I got recently.

Comment

• clemso
                  Talkative Member
                  • Aug 8, 2001

I love it when someone asks this question because it gives me an excuse to keep posting this pic. The Don is straight out of the box, so i know its the real deal. He also has the earlier Supes face sculpt. There is a subtle difference.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                    SynthoRes Transmigrator
                    • Oct 24, 2007

Clemso, I love that pic. Yes, the head I have is exactly the same tone and paint scheme as that Don.

What body is it on? T0 or T1?

Comment

• clemso
                      Talkative Member
                      • Aug 8, 2001

Mine is on T0, but i know of a boxed one on T1 as well.

Originally posted by SeattleEd
                      Clemso, I love that pic. Yes, the head I have is exactly the same tone and paint scheme as that Don.

What body is it on? T0 or T1?

Comment

• SeattleEd
                        SynthoRes Transmigrator
                        • Oct 24, 2007

So it came on both T0 and T1?

I like the T0 so I'll build him out on a T0 body. I just got the head in a lot of parts and there was no T0 or T1 parts.
                        Originally posted by clemso
                        Mine is on T0, but i know of a boxed one on T1 as well.

Comment

• clemso
                          Talkative Member
                          • Aug 8, 2001

Also, of the two boxed ones that I have seen, they both sport short white AJ boots and not the white football cleats that are pictured on the box.

Originally posted by SeattleEd
                          So it came on both T0 and T1?

I like the T0 so I'll build him out on a T0 body. I just got the head in a lot of parts and there was no T0 or T1 parts.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                            SynthoRes Transmigrator
                            • Oct 24, 2007

Do you think they were switched out or came from the factory?

I'm curious how it actually came out of the factory so I can make mine look authentic using existing parts.

Originally posted by clemso
                            Also, of the two boxed ones that I have seen, they both sport short white AJ boots and not the white football cleats that are pictured on the box.

Comment

• ScottA
                              Original Member
                              • Jun 25, 2001

I love Clems picture. I still think Don's outfit is unique to him and not AJ pieces. I'll have to check my boxed one and see what shoes he has.
                              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎