Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robertjmr72
    • Jun 21, 2011

1979 Spiderman and Human Torch both MOC

Hi all, this is my first post so I hope it is in the right place I have several action figures that I am interested in selling but I am completely new to this and somewhat overwhelmed, apparently there's a whole lot more to it than just taking a couple of pictures, sticking them on ebay and then praying for the best. By far, for me, the most difficult thing to figure out is the value of the things I'm trying to sell. I know that there is no *definitive* "price guide" and most of the suggestions that I have read instruct to look at ebay's completed auctions to gauge the current market value, however, the prices that I'm finding on ebay are all over the place. So I was wondering if this is a good place to show some pics of what I have and see what the people here think their value is? I'm also interest in opening an ebay store, so any pointers on doing that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks Robert

Here are the 2 figures I have:

• LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Welcome to the museum!!

Comment

• Orion
      Museum Night Watchman
      • Mar 11, 2008

Welcome! I'm not an expert on pricing, I will leave that to others. To the extent you are trying to compare your items to others sold on eBay, you have the "Pin Pin" version of these carded figures. Good luck.

Comment

• boss
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 18, 2003

those are both nice figures. However, because they are fairly common (especially on French cards) you'd probably be about $75-80 each. you might get up to $100 on a good day.
        Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• robertjmr72
          • Jun 21, 2011

Thank you for the replies

Here's an example of ebay prices being all over the place, it is stated here that a MOC Spiderman in C8-9 condition is worth about $75-$80 but on ebay the exact same figure with busted plastic supposedly sold for $100 and 1 that didn't look much better, if any, than mine fetched $200. I am getting this information from ebay's completed sales and anyone can check it out: 1979 mego spiderman | eBay

Does this mean that now is a really good time to sell?

Thanks again

Comment

• boss
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 18, 2003

the $99.99 one may have gone a little higher because of it being the SOS (sewn-on-sleeve) version. The $200 one is stupid high. Somebody paid too much. You can take a chance on ebay, but I don't think you'll realize prices much higher than I quoted above.
            Last edited by boss; Jun 23, '11, 10:33 PM.
            Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• robertjmr72
              • Jun 21, 2011

Originally posted by boss
              the $99.99 one may have gone a little higher because of it being the SOS (sewn-on-sleeve) version. The $200 one is stupid high. Somebody paid too much. You can take a chance on ebay, but I don't think you'll realize prices much higher than I quoted above.

Thank you for your advice, this is the first time I was told that the variant of this figure with sewn on sleeves was more rare and therefore more valuable. It is little things like this that I am learning as I stumble along. I actually have 2 of the Spiderman dolls but unfortunately neither has the sewn on sleeves. If I could get $100 total which would include shipping, I should be happy, right?

Thanks again

Edit: PS My Human Torch figure *does* have sewn on sleeves, does that make it worth more as well?
              Last edited by robertjmr72; Jun 23, '11, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                A Ray of Sunshine
                • Jun 17, 2001

I'd say Boss is right on the money. I've seen the Torch go around $60 and even lower with a bad card but considering that your card is fairly nice I'd say again Boss is right on the mark. Sadly the Torch's head tends to go grey (zombie) and once that happens the price will dip. The SOS version doesn't apply to him as well.

Comment

• Megospidey
                  Museum Webslinger
                  • Jul 26, 2006

Originally posted by boss
                  That $200 spidey didn't actually sell. He relisted it because the buyer probably backed out of the deal.

I've been tracking spider-man carded and boxed megos for the past 6 years. A 1979 pin-pin carded spidey can expect to fetch about $100 if it's in really nice condition. They just come up too often.
                  Last edited by Megospidey; Jun 24, '11, 1:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎