X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scoth70
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 17, 2008

mego space 1999 alan carter...

id just like to mention this little story.. has anyone heard of this before..maybe ive missed this in a thread way back?

i recently got hold of some megos from a guy here in the uk.

they are all his childhood toys he was clearing..so we made a deal and he post me images of the items and i noticed his alan carter has the white moulded legs same as koenig and morrow.
    i said to him are the legs on the alan carter original or off another figure because anyone who knows about palitoy alan carter knows he has white boots you can take off
    he said no all the figures im buying are the same as the day his uncle bought him them home from the palitoy factory at coalville leicester..he said every now and then when a new line had come out uncle would treat him to a figure..
    so maybe these were very early on alan carters..or end of line carters?
    would have loved to have been inside the palitoy factory when the megos were churning out
  • English Paul
    Archive cased.
    • Aug 17, 2005

Interesting. You know you'll get shot down in flames though until a packaged one turns up . I'd like to think it's correct though after seeing some of the quirky stuff from Palitoy that I have.
    "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• scoth70
      Persistent Member
      • Oct 17, 2008

yes paul your right one in its package would truly answer it..but the guy i got the items off along with his other mego childhood toys..had all been well looked after and in very good condition.... there is no solid proof though only his words but its something that got me thinking.. as some megos have been fitted up different in past

Originally posted by English Paul
      Interesting. You know you'll get shot down in flames though until a packaged one turns up . I'd like to think it's correct though after seeing some of the quirky stuff from Palitoy that I have.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎