Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CantinaDan
    • May 2, 2011

Dukes of Hazzard Rosco

Hi folks, brand new to your forums. Thanks for all the awesome resources here!

Had a question. I've been slowly piecing together a vintage Dukes of Hazzard collection. Besides some vehicles I was only missing Cletus and Rosco. Until this past weekend. At Anaheim Comic Con I stumbled on a booth that had both of these figures carded and for pretty decent prices. Yay! The first thing that I noticed, though, was that Rosco's right arm was not the "bent elbow/fist with a hole in it" version that is pictured on this site's gallery and also the 3 3/4" Archives gallery.
    MEGO 3 3/4 Inch Dukes of Hazzard: Television Gallery: Mego Museum
    Dukes of Hazzard: Sheriff Rosco Coltrane

Rather, it is the same as Cletus's right arm. So I guess there are two versions of Rosco. Any of you folks know if either one is more rare? Or just any info in general about the two variations?

Thanks much!!!
  • generic
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 25, 2009

I don't know which version is more common, but if you take a look at the photo of Cooter's Garage, both Roscoe and Cletus have the "private moment" version of their left hands. I would guess that the original version was the fist and it was later changed to the version that you have.
    Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• CantinaDan
      • May 2, 2011

Ha! Interesting. I didn't realize Cletus had a private-moment variant, either. Hmm, wondering now if both Rosco and Cletus were originally released with the fist and then both re-released with the straight arm (as you suggest.) Thanks!

Now I want both variations, lol!

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
        Career Member
        • Jul 25, 2010

Hey Dan! Good to see you here. Hope you stick around for a while. This is a great bunch of folks. And like you already said, a wealth of information.
        Vintage Toy Rescue
        1614-B N State Hwy 161
        Grand Prairie, TX 75050
        (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• CantinaDan
          • May 2, 2011

Hey Bill! Yeah, not sure why I didn't get here sooner!

PS - On the Dukes of Hazzard front: I just bought a loose but pretty minty Rosco patrol car. Yay!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Welcome to the museum!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡