X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Magyar
    Permanent Member
    • Jan 17, 2011

Price difference - loose vs. carded

Just wondering, in general how much different in price would a loose figure be compared to one that is still carded?
  • Karen-bionic-fan
    Banned
    • Feb 13, 2010

Well in my experience a lot for instance I paid 200 for a Palitoy superstar doll out the box and for one mint in the box I paid 300 for it .....depends on what it is though

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

depends on the figure, one character could go for $25 loose & $50 carded like the Hulk,Kirk,Spock,Bones but then one could be $75 loose like Ironman but hit $15K carded
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

Yea, this question is all about who the character is and on what type of card (regular, Kresge, Palitoy, etc).
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Mego Magyar
          Permanent Member
          • Jan 17, 2011

OK - I'm hoping to get an Isis someday if I can find one at a price I can afford. On ebay they only seem to have carded figures ( regular card ) and one at $199.00 didn't sell ( out of my price range anyway ) so I'm trying to figure out what a loose one would generally be worth and if I could even afford it loose.

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

The way it use to be,most loose figures would 50% less than the carded version. I don't it holds true any more though.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
              Banned
              • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by magyar1964
              OK - I'm hoping to get an Isis someday if I can find one at a price I can afford. On ebay they only seem to have carded figures ( regular card ) and one at $199.00 didn't sell ( out of my price range anyway ) so I'm trying to figure out what a loose one would generally be worth and if I could even afford it loose.
              Nice clean loose example of Isis will probably run you anywhere from $65 on the very low end and up to $100 for a mint example of the figure. I'm pretty sure you can find a really nice one for about $75 - $85 loose.

Comment

• megocrazy
                Museum Trouble Maker
                • Feb 18, 2007

There are a couple of pieces that have definitely increasing. The figures with the difficult to get accessories. Thor, Conan, Isis, Green Arrow, etc. They're getting harder and harder to find and complete examples are rarer everyday. I bought a loose Isis at the Meet a couple of years ago for $75. At the time it was an average price and it was a very nice piece. Today I would expect to get no less than $100. Isis boots and gauntlets are rarely seen loose on the open market which has pushed more to go after complete pieces increasing demand and final price. I have an Isis and I'd find it hard not to pull the trigger on a loose complete one for $65. While more common pieces like Batman, Robin, and Superman have been fairly stable I think the demand for original accessories is on the rise. Look at Ironman stuff. $35+ for boots, gloves, or a belt is not unheard of. Yet you can find complete ones selling for $80-$90 regularly. How many times do you see any common figure sell for under $10 yet a headless T2 body can sell as high as $15. Pull the head and clothes off a common figure and it's a Thor or Conan body. Sometimes it doesn't make sense but it happens.
                It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎