X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UnderdogDJLSW
    To Fear is Not Logical...
    • Feb 17, 2008

History or legends about 12" Capt. America

With all of the other questions about boxes, etc. I am wondering if there are any stories or even tall tales of why the effort into an improved costume, yet, the extra large head with the sour face and the tan hands when Spidey already had red hands in production?
    It's all good!
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

I think the lovable uniqueness of Cap is probably the end result of the company running low on money and just pushing out what existing stock they had in any fashion they could. Yeah, you would think they would use Spidey's hands for Caps. But maybe they had overproduced a number of flesh tone hands and needed to get them out the door. "Oh, put them on Cap." That kind of thinking. I guess they figured if you could forgive the fat head, you could overlook the flesh hands as well. It's funny though. For all his flaws, I kind of like him. Sometimes oddities like this bring out their own charm. You can look at him and tell he was a 70's product.

Last edited by MIB41; Feb 10, '11, 8:51 AM.

Comment

• TrueDave
      Toy Maker
      • Jan 12, 2008

How is the shield? Whats the back look like?

I MUST do a custom on that head. Make it proper proportions.
      Years ago I wanted a Cap outfit for Joe and I thought because of the big Noggin Cap could be cut out to be a Helmet easy enough.

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
        WANTED for card bending
        • Apr 26, 2008

There is NO WAY to shrink it to the right proportion without re-tooling it, the neck is correct, the rest suffers from "the Leader" syndrome.

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

I'll have to check, but I might have an 8" Resin of the 12" head branded with "NotDolls" on it's neck (was that David Lee?)
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎