X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain_Dan
    Museum Super Collector
    • Dec 19, 2010

Finding a S&H Ford Torino

I was looking at collections in the toyroom and noticed some of you have the starsky and hutch mego torino. How hard is it to find one of these, would love to find one good or bad shape I wouldnt mind. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Captain_Dan; Feb 3, '11, 12:30 PM.
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

They pop up every now and then on Ebay. I think if your really wanting one, patience is the key. I got one years ago just by accident. For whatever reason, the Mego community wasn't watching and I got it complete, no box, for $30.00. That's unique, but timing is everything on auction sites. That's the blessing with Mego. They made so much stuff, many items slip through the cracks on the cheap. Keep your vigilance and you will nab one in a descent price range.

Comment

• MarkStalcup
      Chases Ambulances,Customs
      • Feb 6, 2008

I snagged one about a decade ago, needed a sticker replaced, for $30.
      “As human beings we all want to be happy and free from misery… we have learned that the key to happiness is inner peace. The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such as anger, attachment, fear and suspicion, while love and compassion and a sense of universal responsibility are the sources of peace and happiness.” - The Dalai Lama

Comment

• TrueDave
        Toy Maker
        • Jan 12, 2008

How did you get the figures inside that car?

Comment

• ScottA
          Original Member
          • Jun 25, 2001

^^The doors open.
          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Tothiro
            Kitten Mittens
            • Aug 28, 2008

Mine was about $30 too... bought last year, but it was boxed in so-so box, missing the light and all other inserts (barricade, etc). The motor was also toast (from a busted gear). Car was otherwise nice.

I'd say around $30 seems to be a reasonably attainable goal, but it's the finding one that's tricky.

Comment

• johnmiic
              Adrift
              • Sep 6, 2002

Set your eBay Watchlist for for the item. Use all of the words you need to detect it, Mego Starsky and Hutch Ford Torino. If you're not actively looking because life distracts you eBay will automatically send you an email if one comes up.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎