Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxed Ledy superheroes: how many known to exist?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by MegoNinja
    the reason I am not patient with this sort of thing is because people here say thing's are really common but when I look for them they are nowhere to be found, I should really increase my seaching abilities.

Don't worry about not being able to find the figure easily. When I say it's "common", I just mean relative to other Ledys. But really, compared to boxed US Megos, it's not common at all, but rather downright scarce. There is definitely a limited number out there (how ever many were in the warehouse find), but it just doesn't seem to garner huge prices because a) most Mego collectors don't really collect Ledys and b) the character is historically unpopular with collectors. There seems to be just about enough available to meet the small demand there is for the figure, so prices stay pretty low. But don't worry, they do turn up now and then (I found mine at a toy show actually).

Comment

• MegoNinja
      Career Member
      • Feb 7, 2007

is there a reason everyone hate's mxyzptlk? I don't think he is that uncool, actually I quite like him, the fact that he is worth very little attracts me even more because I can get him so easily (I bought him boxed for next to nothing). Why does every Mego collector look down on him so much?
      I the Monster Hero

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Good question, I've always liked him too. I even bought one when I was a kid. When the Super Foes first came out, I picked up him and Joker (yes, I chose Mxy over Riddler and Penguin, I guess I wanted someone for my Superman to fight). But the figure was definitely a peg warmer, I guess most kids didn't think a fat man in an orange and purple outfit was very cool, and he wasn't as recognizable a character to many kids compared to the Batman villians. So, he's always been very common and low priced, even boxed, so I guess that doesn't give him very much "mystique" compared to the other WGSH. There are a few of us out there who like the little chubby goofball though.

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

When I was a kid, I just thought he just didn't look anything like the Mxy I knew. And if you're going to turn him into something different, I'm really not impressed with his transformation into a fat in orange and purple pajamas!

Of course, I have him loose, carded and boxed now
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• MegoNinja
            Career Member
            • Feb 7, 2007

I always felt that mxy should have been made like one of the munchkin's from the WOZ series, in the comics he is a 3 foot high little imp, but the Mego doll he is a 6 foot middle aged man with a beer gut. Is there a reason they didn't give him a smaller body?
            I the Monster Hero

Comment

• MegoMonk
              Career Member
              • Jan 22, 2007

When I was a kid I had a Myx, even though I had no idea who he was. My main source of reference for Superman was the George Reeves tv series. But, every kid in my neighborhood who had Megos had a Myx. We would make up powers for him, since we did not know what he could actually do. I did not find out more about him until years later, especially the fact that he was supposed to be tiny.

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

How did this thread become the "Mxy appreciation thread"?

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎