X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alex
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 15, 2009

transplanting heads

Ive got a head on a T1 body, which I need to take out, and stick on a new body, Im petrified not to screw it up, and rip it etc. Any solutions out there, please help Obi wan Mego.
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

mego heads are pretty resilient things. There is always the chance that the mold was a bit thin at the neck plug and that it may tear, but really that does not happen very often. It does help to make the head more pliable if it is warm. You could probably just run it under some warm water for a minute to soften it up, or use a hair dryer set on low. Then just pinch, and twist it out of the socket.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
      Removed.
      • Jun 14, 2008

Megos are pretty sturdy. I wouldn't worry too much about it getting damaged but you can always run it under hot water from the tap for a little bit to make it a little more pliable first. That will probably help when putting a new head back in too. Some heads are tighter than others.
      Rich

Comment

• alex
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 15, 2009

Cheers Guys !!!

Comment

• josephcardone
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 10, 2010

I too find it pretty easy and safe!!

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Warmth & a small flat screwdriver (to push/install) work wonders. Occasionally, you may need to widen the neck hole a bit w/ an x-acto knife.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jp1969
              Banned
              • Dec 10, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              Occasionally, you may need to widen the neck hole a bit w/ an x-acto knife.
              No.
              Please dont ever do that.
              Please.

Comment

• alex
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 15, 2009

Done and dusted, just popped out and popped in, quite simple really, cheers for the advice

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by jp1969
                  No.
                  Please dont ever do that.
                  Please.
                  In all fairness, it is far preferable to do this than to risk tearing a neck-plug of a vintage head. I've had vintage figs straight off the card that have been modified this way at the factory--if a Lion-Rock factory worker can do it, so can I.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jp1969
                    Banned
                    • Dec 10, 2009

Never had a problem fitting heads.
                    I dont like the thought of cutting up a neck hole.
                    To each his own for sure.
                    I wouldnt resort to that though.

Comment

• TrueDave
                      Toy Maker
                      • Jan 12, 2008

I feel safest with a small bowl of water heated in the microwave.
                      I've had a few EMCE heads tear. Old mego seems to be more durable.

Comment

• johnmiic
                        Adrift
                        • Sep 6, 2002

Do T1 heads fit on T2 bodies and look OK and vice versa? Or is it impossible to switch some heads to certain bodies?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

^No, they're all pretty switchable.

Sometimes the skintones vary: T1s can be more pale-peachy, and t2s more orange-tan.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎