X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karen-bionic-fan
    Banned
    • Feb 13, 2010

I Finally did it Remove the Dreaded Melts

After owning Megos for years I am fully aware of there Limitations and Melts on the arms and sometimes legs , Last night I was looking through some megos and seen a sorry sight Farrah in her lovely box , lovely outfit , but hideous melted arms :( whipped her out the box inspected it ( IV 7 FARRAH Dolls ) only one has the melted arms , removed her had a look and thought I am gonna do it hahahahaha got a craft knife a sharp one removed her clothes , and had a closer looks the melted bits are tacky to the touch ,(depends on the heat ) anyway I removed the melts in about 5 minutes I was wondering what would be under it NOTHING BUT THE DOLLS MINTY BODY it dont really do nothing to it its strange , looks amazing I will only do it on this Figure for now see what happens but as from now she looks brand new , the melts just slide off like hard cheese ....Will I post a picture ?
  • generic
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by Karen-bionic-fan
    ....Will I post a picture ?
    Please do! I have several of the ladies with melt marks. It would be great if I could fix them!
    Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
      Formerly known as Del
      • Dec 12, 2004

I think Jemboy had posted something about trimming melt marks and then using a little cornstarch or talcum powder to help keep the joints working properly. Maybe he or whoever else did it will chime in here with hints on how you can keep them nice.
      Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
      https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
      http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
        Banned
        • Feb 13, 2010

Originally posted by del
        I think Jemboy had posted something about trimming melt marks and then using a little cornstarch or talcum powder to help keep the joints working properly. Maybe he or whoever else did it will chime in here with hints on how you can keep them nice.
        Yes to get the body's on Female( mego dolls) looking new and non tacky use silky talcum powder on there body rub it on and then wipe it off with a soft towel or make up brush the affect lasts over a year , the trimming of the arms is so so easy , sharp knife a craft one and just trim it off you see the melted part it just slips off you can do it more than once the hard body under it will tell yo once its gone , the affect looks amazing i post two pictures later of cher and farrah iv done I love them
        Last edited by Karen-bionic-fan; Oct 1, '10, 6:53 AM.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
          MeGoing
          • May 14, 2003

I look forward to the pics.

Comment

• jemboy2004
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 14, 2005

Originally posted by del
            That is the best way I know of keeping them from melting more but I'm not sure if this fixes the problem for good so far so good but I'm still nervous about how it will go over time. As most of us know it's a reaction between the plastics so does the trimming, power and washing stop it or just prolong it? Only time will tell. It's working for me so far.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎