• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

T2 chimp body question

Hya folks,

Was Dr. Zaius ever made on a T2 body? I know the Corny/Galen sort of thing was done and I believe the Generals were done on both bodies, but I don't think I have ever seen a Dr. Z on a T2.

thanks in advance
    rche
  • Tothiro
    Kitten Mittens
    • Aug 28, 2008

Originally posted by rche
    Hya folks,

Was Dr. Zaius ever made on a T2 body? I know the Corny/Galen sort of thing was done and I believe the Generals were done on both bodies, but I don't think I have ever seen a Dr. Z on a T2.

thanks in advance
    rche
    Well, I mean my short answer would be yes. I've had a few T2 Dr Z's, though none carded so the argument could be made for frankenstein, but since I believe he had later release along with the astronaut and galen, I would be pretty surprised if he wasn't.

The MM gallery says, "He was available on a type1 and type 2 body although type 1 is much more common." So that's obviously the common wisdom.

If you look at the 2nd issue Palitoy card for Dr Z, he's on a T2 body. With ape popularity, even though I've never had a carded T2 Dr Z myself, I would have to presume that's not a UK only.

Comment

• jp1969
      Banned
      • Dec 10, 2009

If I remember correctly(this was over 30yrs ago) Zaius came with the sears treehouse gift set here in Can and was on a t2 body.
      No need for anyone to get their feathers in a ruffle if my info is wrong(my memory aint what it used to be) .I remember getting this set in the 70s and dont recall ever owning a t1 mego as a child.

Comment

• megoapesnut
        The name says it all!
        • Dec 3, 2007

Forget the T2 Zaius, can you confirm that there was a Sears Treehouse Giftset? In a brown mailer box? We had this discussion some time ago and came to the conclusion that it was probably not possible as the mailer box was smaller than the regular version box and the bagged figures would be hard to fit inside. Or were we discussing a mailer boxed Forbidden Zone giftset that somebody mentioned? (my memory can be bad sometimes as well) That box is quite a bit smaller and would never fit any figures.

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

I have a T2 Zaius that I've owned since childhood. No chance of a body swap at one point, since I'm the sole owner and I never even owned a Corny to do a swap with in the first place. I can't remember if I bought him in Canada or the US though.

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

thanks!!

I was looking at the galleries, but didn't dig down to the foreign releases to see the palitoy on a t2. I was thinking NA released figures. I guess one could say the Cipsa version was T2 as well really, seeing as he was on a T2 gorilla body.

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
              Career Member
              • Jul 25, 2010

I've had my Dr Zaius since childhood and he is a T2. I have been the one and only owner and there was never a body/head swap done. Bought here in the US by my parents and given to me as a gift.
              Vintage Toy Rescue
              1614-B N State Hwy 161
              Grand Prairie, TX 75050
              (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

another t1 t2 ape question.

Is there any difference in the neck plugs on the ape figures, or did they all have the long plug ala T1 figures?

Comment

• Captain
                  Fighting the good fight!
                  • Jun 17, 2001

Didnt know there was any question about type 2 Dr. Zauis'. I've got a few of them. Two from childhood, and some from auctions and such. I think it was confirmed some time ago that all the apes were made on t2 and t1 bodies, as was the astronaut.
                  "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• apes3978
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 19, 2005

I've never noticed any difference in the neck plugs...

Originally posted by rche
                    Is there any difference in the neck plugs on the ape figures, or did they all have the long plug ala T1 figures?

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

I'm afraid to check the neck plug on my Galen to know. It's not on there very good.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                        Removed.
                        • Jun 14, 2008

I've never come across a short plug on an Ape.
                        I was also wondering the same thing on Star Trek figures.
                        I know they made T2 Astros but I have yet to find one personally. Now would he have a short plug or just the T2 skin tone with a long plug like I find on most Trek heads?
                        Rich

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                          I'm afraid to check the neck plug on my Galen to know. It's not on there very good.
                          Look in through the shoulder opening. Just pull the arm out a little and shine a light in it.

Comment

• apes3978
                            Permanent Member
                            • Nov 19, 2005

The T2 Astronaut's neckplug is just slightly shorter than the T1's...

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
                            I know they made T2 Astros but I have yet to find one personally. Now would he have a short plug or just the T2 skin tone with a long plug like I find on most Trek heads?
                            Rich

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎