Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • batguano
    • Aug 11, 2010

Batcave Restoration, NEED HELP PLEASE!!

Does anyone out there have a Mego batcave, I am working on a complete redo of one that was given to me, it is a mess, mold, ripped cardboard, you know the type! I want to do sentra board and vinyl stickers, a complete rebuild!

To do so I need HIGH QUALITY Pictures and measurments of this thing all the way around, both sides!!! I mean Tops, Bottoms, sides Everything and anything!

There are no good references out there at all! Theres gotta ba a batcollector out there with one of these that can help me out!

Please HELP!!!!!

Thanks
    Jeremey

I can be emailed directly at jeremeyadams@yahoo.com
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Well, I don't have prints of the original Batcave, but I have some of my custom, if you're interested.

The Batcave w/ Batman, Robin, Joker Riddler! - Mego Talk
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• batguano
      • Aug 11, 2010

Originally posted by HardyGirl
      Well, I don't have prints of the original Batcave, but I have some of my custom, if you're interested.

The Batcave w/ Batman, Robin, Joker Riddler! - Mego Talk
      Wow you did a great job on that, not quite what I was looking for, lol, Im trying to restore mine!

Thanks for the inquiry, your stuff is very cool!

Comment

• megoscott
        Founding Partner
        • Nov 17, 2006

In my experience the problem with trying to duplicate the artwork on a vinyl playset is the vinyl itself. I photographed my Hall of Justice and found it to be a very difficult to photograph it directly enough so that I could stitch the images together into one piece. Scanning through the vinyl is pretty much impossible as well. So I don't think you will find someone who has what you are looking for.

If I was planning on making a new one anyway I would take the playset you have apart and remove the vinyl from it. Then you can scan the cardboard on a flatbed scanner and doctor it up in Photoshop.
        This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• batguano
          • Aug 11, 2010

As a professional photographer and graphic artist by trade it would not be as hard as you think! I actually have someons sending me one, and I just purchased 1/2 of the cave on ebay, Im going to make a good repro, LOL if its the last thing i do! Im going to make the stickers and and stick them to styrene board, it wont be a 100% accurate repro but it should look awesome, Id love to do the hall of justice and wayne foundation next! One project atta time tho!

LOL

Thanks for the Ideas Scott!

Comment

• megoscott
            Founding Partner
            • Nov 17, 2006

Well then you're all set. Let us know how it goes.
            This profile is no longer active.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎