X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fire Marshal Bill
    Career Member
    • Jul 25, 2010

Star Trek blue tricorder accessory question

Newbie here with a question about the Star Trek blue tricorder accessory. I recently purchased a Lt. Uhura and i noticed that her tricorder was stamped with a "5" on the back. A few weeks ago i had purchased a Spock that had the number "7" stamped on the back of the tricorder which is consistent with what I read in the Accessory Check section. All features of the tricorder lead me to believe it is original. I was hoping someone could provide some more information on this for me as to why this one bears a different mark. Thanks for your time. I look forward to participating as my MEGO collection grows.
    Vintage Toy Rescue
    1614-B N State Hwy 161
    Grand Prairie, TX 75050
    (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Welcome to the museum.

Comment

• AAAAA
      Permanent Member
      • Oct 28, 2005

The 7 denotes production plate. That it came from, yours possible cam from mold plate 5,
      7 seems to be the most common but there others.
      some items in manufactering will have will have serial numbers , 6 million dollar man shoes ,inside have a numbers 2,8.9,6. 10 and so forth.
      this is indecate what mold &/or mold plate it came from,
      it helps when a mold starts to get worn, producing poorly molded items they know where it came.
      Last edited by AAAAA; Jul 26, '10, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
        Career Member
        • Jul 25, 2010

LonnieFisher- Thanks for the welcome!

AAAAA- Interesting, I had only came across information about the "7" stamp. Makes sense what you're saying about the different mold plates though. Thanks!
        Vintage Toy Rescue
        1614-B N State Hwy 161
        Grand Prairie, TX 75050
        (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• Bones
          Museum Patron
          • Oct 4, 2009

This has caused me some confusion today as well. In using the Accessory Check here, I have found the "7" on the back of my Spock tricorder; but Uhura and Bones both seem to have a "6." I have determined that these must be "true" vintage accessories, due largely to their shape compared the the lone repro tricorder I have; but as has been said above, there is no mention in the Accessory Check about there being different numbers.

If there are indeed other production plate numbers, as AAAAA has mentioned, would it be possible to update the Accessory Check to reflect this?

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎