X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
    Museum Chaplain
    • Nov 26, 2002

Did Batman come with a Vinyl Sticker?

I just got a Batman from a local guy along with a bunch of other Megos.

Looks like he has a factory vinyl sticker emblem. What do you guys think? Have you seen one like this before?

Vinyl Logo Batman - SUPERUNDERDOGGIE.COM
    Last edited by SUPERUNDERDOGGIE; Jun 5, '10, 7:39 PM.
    "God has put definite limits on the heights of man's wisdom, but no limits to the depths of his stupidity"
  • SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
    Museum Chaplain
    • Nov 26, 2002

Revised with link above.
    "God has put definite limits on the heights of man's wisdom, but no limits to the depths of his stupidity"

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Some very precise vinyl repro emblems are available.

But as far as I know, a vintage 8-inch Batman should come with either a paper sticker or (later released) thin waffled fabric sticker.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rchatlin
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 24, 2001

Could it be the vinyl emblem from the 12" figure?

r
        o
        b

Comment

• MEGOMAN
          Defender of the Megoverse
          • Dec 30, 2008

One never knows with MEGO. It could very well be real. But the odds are that it is just a reproduction. It does look really nice!

Comment

• Captain
            Fighting the good fight!
            • Jun 17, 2001

Hmmm, I know they switched from the paper to the cloth emblems about 79 or 80. I am not 100% sure on this, but I seem to recall hearing ...somewhere (?)...that Superman and Batman might have come with vinyl "heat sealed" type insignias (ala the 12" figures) near the end of the run?

This one looks like a modern made decal version (at least in the picture it does)...I think when (If) Mego did the vinyl ones, they were heat sealed to the cloth.

Wheres Ben when you need him?
            "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎