Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dchimpy
    • Dec 14, 2008

Washing Caps outfit

Does anyone know if washing Captain America's outfit in Oxy Clean will cause the blue or red stripes to run into the white?
  • wayne foundation 07
    Time to feed the cat
    • Dec 30, 2007

I wouldn't think as long as you use cold water and be quick about it.I've never had,knock on wood, a problem washing anything.Good luck.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

I did that with my 12 inch Cap and I experienced no problems. I did hang it afterwards to air dry.
      Last edited by MIB41; May 24, '10, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• steelcouch
        Career Member
        • Feb 11, 2006

If you leave it to long in the oxyclean it will start to bleed the blue color out.

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
          Banned
          • Feb 13, 2010

Look the best way to wash mego or kenner is fast very fast use a gentle clothes powder or washing up liquid in cold water lay outfit in palm of hand and gently massage once in the water do this for about two minutes then rinse with cold water to see if the colour is not bleeding keep doing it till clean or your happy with it if any outfit had a badge on it hold that bit with fingers pressing on it so it wont come off do not dry on a radiator the badge will come off , best way to fast dry is towel on floor and dry with a hair dryer all the time holding the badge with finger :0 it works iv done it will loads of dolls Mego clothes good luck

Comment

• dchimpy
            • Dec 14, 2008

Thanks for the input everyone. I did a quick wash in Oxy-Clean and no bleeding occurred. The white stripes are still not quite bright white (more like a dingy yellow), but I guess I can live with that.

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

When in doubt; try warm water and dish soap.

Don C.

Comment

• Orlock
                Megohead Superdad
                • Feb 15, 2010

Take a very small amount of the Oxy Clean stuff (you can buy a knock off brand at Dollar Tree for a buck for a good sized container) and mix it with enough water to make it into a watery paste, remember, it should be a very small amount, use a child's toothbrush to work it into the white areas of the fabric, let it sit for a little bit, and then rinse clean with cold water. If it's not white enough, repeat. The Dollar Tree brand is very VERY non abrasive and very gentle on fabrics and works wonders.
                My Art/Photography Page For Commissions
                T-Shirts, Prints, and More for Sale
                My Personal Facebook

Comment

• MegoMark71
                  Permanent Member
                  • Dec 18, 2008

good stuff, thanks

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰