X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captact
    King of Super Queens!
    • Aug 19, 2007

Mego and Dr. Mego RM Batman question

I have an original RM Mego Batman. Left the cowl on for like three months on a mint unstained Bruce head,..to now find it stained in blue. Had to even buy another Bruce head unstained to display him unmasked,...but i love to see him with it on,...was thinking in replacing the mask with a Dr Mego version,...but dont know if it will stain as well.
    Anyone here has tested the Dr Mego mask on an original Bruce head to see if it stains the head or not??? Please let me know my friends,..and thanks for any replies or advice.

Ray
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

I'm not sure about the Doc Mego mask, but I do know if you take some electrical tape and cut it to fit inside the original Mego cowl (inside the nose and brow area) that will permit you to display the figure with the cowl without any dye transfer to Bruce's head. That's what I have done to mine and I've had it like that for over a decade without any issues.

Comment

• captact
      King of Super Queens!
      • Aug 19, 2007

Thanks for the advice,...will try it now,..thanks again!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Couldn't you use paint sealer on the inside of the cowl? Or will it not set and stay sticky? Some kind of acrylic sealer?

Comment

• clemso
          Talkative Member
          • Aug 8, 2001

Just buy a BW head that already has a stain and use that to display him with cowl on. I'm surprise to hear that these 30 + year old cowls still stain the head.

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

^^ I would agree

If it is already stained, you don't really have to worry about much.

You can get the blue out, tho. Most probably. I have de-blued a few rc heads and they tend to clean up fine.

rche

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I have used Remove-Zit to remove blue stains on a Wayne head & it works perfectly. Be careful notto get it on painted areas, though.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• REMOVED
                • Jun 26, 2024

i used clearasil and it worked really well. don't get it on the paint. have always wondered if Remove-Zit wasn't repackaged clearasil, thus the zit part.

Comment

• captact
                  King of Super Queens!
                  • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by polyester
                  i used clearasil and it worked really well. don't get it on the paint. have always wondered if Remove-Zit wasn't repackaged clearasil, thus the zit part.
                  Clearasil???? as in for face zits???????? it works too?????? AWESOME!!!!!!!! Which Clearasil works better?
                  Last edited by captact; May 4, '10, 3:30 PM.

Comment

• captact
                    King of Super Queens!
                    • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                    Couldn't you use paint sealer on the inside of the cowl? Or will it not set and stay sticky? Some kind of acrylic sealer?
                    Yep! did it before placing the mask on three months ago,...and it stained anyway.

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

don't need name brand Clearasil, just the generic from your local grocers will do.

But, don't get it on the paint. It will lift that off as well.

Comment

• megocrazy
                        Museum Trouble Maker
                        • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        I have used Remove-Zit to remove blue stains on a Wayne head & it works perfectly. Be careful notto get it on painted areas, though.
                        Exactly what I was gonna suggest. I know a couple of members have used this stuff with great success.
                        It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎