Is this yes or no???

Good Buyer-Trader List ...
  • sauce
    Removed
    • Jun 24, 2007

faint markings or no markings on neck?
    the lighting makes it hard to see if there is the "mocha" tone
    maybe it's a Don head.
    but I think folks have said they have found T1 Superman figures with no markings on neck as well

Comment

• M3G0M4V3R1CK
      Hooked On Mego
      • Jun 15, 2008

Bryan if i hold it as close as i can to my face i can barely make out what looks to be a 72 on him so i am not sure

Comment

• sauce
        Removed
        • Jun 24, 2007

Interesting. Could be SI
        I found this thread very helpful

Comment

• M3G0M4V3R1CK
          Hooked On Mego
          • Jun 15, 2008

Originally posted by nayrbgo
          Interesting. Could be SI
          I found this thread very helpful
          Well from what i read in that thread it seems to me i have a clark on my hands this is turning out to be a really good night ... Josh

Comment

• sauce
            Removed
            • Jun 24, 2007

Rock and ROLL!!
            :-)
            Check his color against that of a standard T1 head

Comment

• megocrazy
              Museum Trouble Maker
              • Feb 18, 2007

If I had a question I would ask Hobub. He's looked at the differences between SI's and the comparable other characters about as closely as anyone I've spoken to. Drop Len a PM and ask him to chime in. It will probably be difficult to tell from a picture unless the lighting was absolutely perfect. All I can say is I've had heads with only a faint sign of the TM markings a couple of times. Len's narrowed the comparison down to as far as skin tones and found consistent similarities and differences. I don't know if anyone else has taken the analyzation that deep.

Here's a compilation of something Len posted on the subject in another thread.

I have a Peter Parker, Dick Grayson and Bruce Wayne, and a Don figure.

The Parker, Grayson and the Wayne all have the same coffee color to them as opposed to the normal color between t1 and t2 these are different.

The Don is indeed a type 1 head with absolutely NO copyright info or traces thereof.

Parker and Wayne are the same way (absolutely NO copyright info or traces thereof)

I also have a Removable mask Robin which has the exact same tone as the SI's (coffee in color, not your typical t1 flesh tone). Both the Grayson figure and the RMR have copyright info on the back of the neck.

I have followed any Dick Grayson figure I've seen on Ebay and asked members I knew who owned them and every time I have found it to have the copyright info.

I've heard several stories about the Superman's having faint info on the back. But on my Don and the Wayne and Parker, absolutely NO trace.

And that coffee/olive color to me is key. It is hard to explain but if I get a chance I'll photo them and post them.

I now have a Clark Kent. The head has the same coffee color as the others. This should be documented. This figure is missing his glasses but, the figure is mint and has the mego tags. It complies to all Dave's Accessory check references to verify that it is correct and real. I would suggest that everyone who has these, compare the heads to the counterpart s/h ego heads they have and verify it for yourself. The heads are type 1 and the pigment seems to lack a certain amount of red which causes the other to have a more pinkish peach complexion. The Coffee color in which I refer is somewhere close to a Frappacino color from the bottled Starbuks drink. I also must say that I do see some very faint markings on the back of the neck but I've compared it to my Don (who had absolutely no trace of the markings, two type two heads (which are tanner but with the red pigment and three type 1 heads which are all lighter and have that peach complexion I've described and it stands out as a different color. But it does indeed match color exact with all three other SI's in my collection.

I should also add that Don is a type 1 head and all 4 Secret identity figures are Type 1 heads as well.

Len
              Last edited by megocrazy; Apr 13, '10, 10:01 AM.
              It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• clemso
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 8, 2001

Hey guys, check this thread again.
                Secret identity Neck markings - Mego Talk
                I've added pictures that might help answer your question.

Clem

Comment

• megocrazy
                  Museum Trouble Maker
                  • Feb 18, 2007

Took Clem's excellent group shot from the other thread and put the colors into a scale to show the variances even more directly. It makes a lot of sense from the production side.

The Don, Lg "S", and T1 (Small "S") Superman would most likely have been large big retailer runs and at a similar time line or at the very least a sequential time line run. The absence of TM info on Don would also make sense since DC did not own the rights to Don and would therefore not need them there. These three examples show very similar color patterns that are almost exact though not perfectly exact. The biggest color differences seem to show in the T2 Superman and the Clark Kent SI head. Being that the T2 was a completely different mold it makes sense that there may have been a complete color change made which would also explain the differences in color between the T1 and T2 bodies. The T2's are definitely darker in color than the T1's, and the head skintone would have been adjusted to match. The Kent head was most likely a completely different production run from the ones they would have done for a Superman so it makes sense that a difference in skin tone could have occurred. Just a little more support towards Len's comparison that the SI figures have a completely different skin color than the rest of the line. Side by side it shows up even more distinctly.

Seeing how the T2 figures ended up being even darker, could the SI heads have been the first step to making a darker complexion as they migrated from the T1 stage to T2?

Last edited by megocrazy; Apr 13, '10, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• clemso
                    Talkative Member
                    • Aug 8, 2001

Originally posted by megocrazy
                    Took Clem's excellent group shot from the other thread and put the colors into a scale to show the variances even more directly. It makes a lot of sense from the production side.

The Don, Lg "S", and T1 (Small "S") Superman would most likely have been large big retailer runs and at a similar time line or at the very least a sequential time line run. The absence of TM info on Don would also make sense since DC did not own the rights to Don and would therefore not need them there. These three examples show very similar color patterns that are almost exact though not perfectly exact. The biggest color differences seem to show in the T2 Superman and the Clark Kent SI head. Being that the T2 was a completely different mold it makes sense that there may have been a complete color change made which would also explain the differences in color between the T1 and T2 bodies. The T2's are definitely darker in color than the T1's, and the head skintone would have been adjusted to match. The Kent head was most likely a completely different production run from the ones they would have done for a Superman so it makes sense that a difference in skin tone could have occurred. Just a little more support towards Len's comparison that the SI figures have a completely different skin color than the rest of the line. Side by side it shows up even more distinctly.

Seeing how the T2 figures ended up being even darker, could the SI heads have been the first step to making a darker complexion as they migrated from the T1 stage to T2?

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/3/1/9/FTComp.bmp
                    Hey megocazy that is excellent and really shows the color difference. We should try and consolidate this thread info so it is not lost for future research. Could I trouble you to post this again in the other thread, seeing as that one has been running awhile.

Clem

Comment

• megocrazy
                      Museum Trouble Maker
                      • Feb 18, 2007

It is done as you requested.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢