Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joyinrep
    • Jan 1, 2010

Is this Falcon head from the Factory?

Hello, I'm new to the boards. I am a long time Mego fan and have just started recollecting. My favorite figure as a boy was the Falcon. From all the info I have ever seen the Falcon's head under the neck has been brown. This head is white all around the neck. Has anyone ever seen one like this, it looks so clean that it could be factory produced. Or do you think it had brown paint loss and someone took the rest of the brown paint off? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Richard
  • jp1969
    Banned
    • Dec 10, 2009

Falcon head

Welcome to the boards!
    The falcon in question is something someone else already posted,remember reading but dont remember what post.I have a few falcons and all have painted necks.

Comment

• Orion
      Museum Night Watchman
      • Mar 11, 2008

I posted a similar question several months back. I think the general conclusion was that Mego didn't produce a Falcon variant with a painted white neck. As I understand it, the first application of paint on the Falcon head is white - - - so you can remove the skin coloring from the figure and be left with white at the neck area. If you do it carefully enough, it can look pretty good like in the picture you attached. Hope that helps.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
        Removed.
        • Jun 14, 2008

Actually I believe the head is molded in white, not painted white.
        Rich

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

^Yes, both my Falcons have heads molded in white with painted details including brown for the nose/lower face, forehead & around the eyes.
          If you inspect a loose head carefully inside the neck plug, you can see white vinyl inside.
          Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 28, '10, 5:54 PM.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• spiderman67
            Museum Super Collector
            • Jan 28, 2010

Although I Dont Have A Falcon In My Possession At This Time,the One I Had When I Was Younger Did Seem To Have A White Neck.i Have Recently Purchased One And I Am Waiting For It To Come In The Mail So I Can See What The Neck Looks Like.
            Take two mego's and call me in the morning.

Comment

• jp1969
              Banned
              • Dec 10, 2009

Falcon head

For sure the head is molded from white.But who knows what was maybe smoked at break-time at mego factories?Product of creative fan?
              You can reply whatever but one will never know.......

Comment

• Joyinrep
                • Jan 1, 2010

Originally posted by jp1969
                Welcome to the boards!
                The falcon in question is something someone else already posted,remember reading but dont remember what post.I have a few falcons and all have painted necks.
                Thanks for the Welcome!

Comment

• Joyinrep
                  • Jan 1, 2010

Originally posted by Orion
                  I posted a similar question several months back. I think the general conclusion was that Mego didn't produce a Falcon variant with a painted white neck. As I understand it, the first application of paint on the Falcon head is white - - - so you can remove the skin coloring from the figure and be left with white at the neck area. If you do it carefully enough, it can look pretty good like in the picture you attached. Hope that helps.
                  Thanks so much. I didn't catch the previous conversation. For some reason this seemed legitimate to me. I almost could swear that the one I had as a kid was like this.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎