The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brown-suited Cornelius/Galen & Soldier Ape?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Brown-suited Cornelius/Galen & Soldier Ape?

How common are these variants? $$$?

I've never seen them on evilbay, and I suppose the brown Cornelius would be difficult to spot.

Are they only t1 variants?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • piecemaker
    There's no need to fear..
    • Jan 26, 2009

I used to have a brown suited Cornelius several years ago.I sold him and now i wish i hadn't.There were two on Ebay about a month or two ago,i think one sold for 60-70 dollars.I dont think they are real common,but they do show up on occasion.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

I think too many people believe the brown Cornelius is the result of age and/or exposure which keeps the "value" relatively low.

Not sure if it's ever been proven for sure if it's a true variant.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

there have been a few on ebay in recent months. also I saw a brown Zira skirt on an auction in the past several months

Comment

• kryptosmaster
          Removed.
          • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by Mikey01
          I think too many people believe the brown Cornelius is the result of age and/or exposure which keeps the "value" relatively low.

Not sure if it's ever been proven for sure if it's a true variant.
          I seem to recall vintage pics by the member ditcin (remember the guy who wrote to Mego as a kid in NYC?) of actual brown Zira and Cornelius so I'm pretty sure they are true variants.
          Rich

Comment

• scifiguy94
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 18, 2009

Hope my Corny is real.

Comment

• lepage
              The Ape General
              • Aug 12, 2001

I got a bunch of figures from someone who was the original owner. An uncle was buying them these figures but he had no interest in them so they sat unplayed with in storage until he dragged them out to for me to buy. In this lot was a zira (still have her) that came with a normal green top and brown skirt. I have seen many figures like cornelius that have suffered fading however, They are clearly not "brown" like the example scifiguy94 is showing us. That is a real brown cornie and not a fade job. I have had a few true brown cornies but I have also had some that were being passed off as brown cornies but were in fact fade jobs.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎