X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Type-3 fat body

Who came with the type-3 fat body? I think there is a some misconception about this style body. Which characters had this body? Was there only one with it?
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I've heard Grandpa Walton, but I had a Wizard of Oz straight from the bag with one...
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
      Time to feed the cat
      • Dec 30, 2007

Ben's book says the type 3 was used for Boss Hogg only never on a hero.Penguin ,mxy, and the wizard are on the same body
      Last edited by wayne foundation 07; Jan 10, '10, 6:47 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
        Formerly known as Del
        • Dec 12, 2004

What's the difference?
        Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
        https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
        http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          I've heard Grandpa Walton, but I had a Wizard of Oz straight from the bag with one...
          My grandpa walton has one but my Wizard from Oz doesn't.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by wayne foundation 07
            Ben's book says the type 3 was used for Boss Hogg only never on a hero.Penguin ,mxy, and the wizard are on the same body
            I'd say that the book isn't 100% accurate. My Boss Hogg figures don't have that body and my Grandpa Walton does.

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
              Time to feed the cat
              • Dec 30, 2007

I'm sure he did his research,maybe somebody changed the bodies on your figure.If you have the book check page 10.It says "there were type 1 and type 2 fat bodies and there is a third fat torso used for Boss Hogg,but it was never used for WGSH figures"

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by wayne foundation 07
                I'm sure he did his research,maybe somebody changed the bodies on your figure.If you have the book check page 10.It says "there were type 1 and type 2 fat bodies and there is a third fat torso used for Boss Hogg,but it was never used for WGSH figures"
                That quote from the book is why I started this thread. I don't think it is accurate. I think more than one came with the type three fat body. My Grandpa Walton is 100% original with the type-3 fat body. My all original Boss Hogg figures have the other style, not t-3. Both of my Wizard from Oz figures have the original style body, too.
                Last edited by LonnieFisher; Jan 10, '10, 8:38 PM.

Comment

• HapSlash
                  Tribal Witchdoctor
                  • Nov 18, 2009

The quote is accurate, but shouldn't be read with an absolute viewpoint.

It says that it was used for Boss Hog... not that it was the only one used for him, just that it had been... The quote also doesn't state that it wasn't used on other figures,... just that it didn't get used by any of the WGSH.
                  ALL HAIL MING!

A slapped together sample of my work:
                  HapSlash's Image Slideshow

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by HapSlash
                    The quote is accurate, but shouldn't be read with an absolute viewpoint.

It says that it was used for Boss Hog... not that it was the only one used for him, just that it had been... The quote also doesn't state that it wasn't used on other figures,... just that it didn't get used by any of the WGSH.
                    All I can say is my two Boss Hogg figures didn't come with the t-3 fat body.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

all the nude Boss Hogg figures on ebay have the t-1 or t-2 fat bodies. I've seen at least three in the last week. I don't think anybody got an exclusive use of the t-3 body.
                      BOSS HOGG CLOTHES AND PARTS - eBay (item 200419265583 end time Jan-16-10 15:25:07 PST)
                      1980 Mego Danny Devito Doll - eBay (item 230420722106 end time Jan-12-10 18:38:12 PST)
                      Here are two still running.
                      Last edited by LonnieFisher; Jan 11, '10, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

Ok, excuse my ignorance... I'm not sure what a Type 3 Fat Body is...

CustoMego Body Chart

On this body chart, are we talking about the "Mego Wizard" one?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

^Yes. It is a bit taller & less chubby...
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
                            Ok, excuse my ignorance... I'm not sure what a Type 3 Fat Body is...

CustoMego Body Chart

On this body chart, are we talking about the "Mego Wizard" one?
                            Because of that chart I bought two Wizard figures and neither had the t-3 fat body. I have three (I found another) Boss Hogg figures and none have the t-3 fat body. I have one Grandpa Walton and he has the t-3 body. I bought (and wasted money on) five figures looking for the t-3 body and none had it. So that is why I asked the question in this thread. I'd like to know who has the t-3 body and which figures it came on.

Comment

• warlock664
                              Persistent Member
                              • Feb 15, 2009

T-3 Fat Body

I purchased a bagged Wizard about 10 years ago; just recently, I took it out intending to body-swap it with a T2 Penguin I own that has loose joints . I noticed that the Wizard body was a bit taller, so I assume it's the "T-3" body. So the Wizard did come on a T-3 fat body, but probably not exclusively.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎