Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KomodoRover
    • Jan 7, 2010

gatchaman Jinpei/keyop mego style figure ID

Hello everyone, I was hoping some one might be able to help me figure out what this is. A friend gave me a MEGO style Jinpei (keyop BOTP) figure sometime between 1993-95. It was found in a box of toys someone brought into the comic shop he was working at and knowing I was a huge fan he picked it up for me.
    I was looking on-line to figure out what it is-- or where it's from-- and have found nothing. If it is a custom they did an excellent job as everything looks professionally made and based on its condition I would assume it would have been done several years before I acquired it. I am not very familiar with MEGO figures but the head looks dead on for Jinpei and I do not recognize it from another figure.

Any help solving this mystery would be fantastic!
    Thanks,
    Dave

• Neutron X
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 22, 2007

Dave Great find! These were Battle of the Planets figures issued in France. The Mark figure used the Super Joe body without 1-2 punch mechanism and flesh colored shorts. They also made a Princes figure. France also had small 3 3/4 Battle of Planet figures including 7Zark7 and 1Rover1

Comment

• KomodoRover
      • Jan 7, 2010

Originally posted by Neutron X
      Dave Great find! These were Battle of the Planets figures issued in France. The Mark figure used the Super Joe body without 1-2 punch mechanism and flesh colored shorts. They also made a Princes figure. France also had small 3 3/4 Battle of Planet figures including 7Zark7 and 1Rover1
      Thanks for the info! I have the KenOwashi MIB popy figure and the 3 3/4 box set of the Science Ninja Team (but always G-Force to me..haha) but I was never really sure if Keyop was real. I could never find any thing on line for it.

Comment

• Neutron X
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 22, 2007

The French name for Battle of the Planets is La Bataille des Planètes.You can do a Google search to find more pics. Here's a link that shows the French Mark:visibleinnards.org :: View topic - BATTLE OF THE PLANETS?

Comment

• KomodoRover
          • Jan 7, 2010

Thanks for the link. I have never seen the 7-zark-7 figure before. Looks like I now have some new items to search for!

Comment

• starsky
            veteran member
            • Aug 26, 2007

great info!! thanks for sharing!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
              Museum Paramedic
              • Aug 31, 2005

Great thread! I always loved G-Force (Battle of the Planets).

- Ian
              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Tomart's had something about these years ago. I gotta go find the issue they're in.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                  MeGoing
                  • May 14, 2003

He's cute.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡