• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Mego POTA accessories...

I'm trying to acquire some POTA accessories & have some questions:

1. Are the "control sticks" unique or just reissues of AJ baseball bats?

2. Is the capture pole (w/ net) made of plastic? What might be a good repro?
    Dimensions?

3. Were the Fortress ladders issued with any other Mego sets?

Did Mego ever make the poles with the noose at the end, like they used in the movies?

Any info, pix, suggestions are appreciated, thanks!
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • z3zep
    The Girl Next Door
    • Sep 30, 2006

I am pretty sure that the POTA control sticks are the same as an AJ baseball bat.

Comment

• AAAAA
      Permanent Member
      • Oct 28, 2005

they are AJ Bats
      a control snare was never made by mego, but you can get one from Gi Joe line
      Devil of the deep swamp boat playset I think
      Last edited by AAAAA; Nov 6, '09, 7:36 PM.

Comment

• megoapesnut
        The name says it all!
        • Dec 3, 2007

The capture pole is wood, not plastic. I am pretty certain that the fortress ladders were not issued with any other sets. I don't have any AJ figures so I do not know about the bats.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
          Removed.
          • Jun 14, 2008

Are you talking about the die cut cardboard ladders with the Fortress or the rope ladder with the Treehouse? I have never seen the cardboard ladders with anything else. The rope ladders were used with the AJ & Dinah Mite versions of the treehouse.
          Yes I am pretty sure the AJ baseball bat is identical to the ape bats.
          The pole is a stained & varnished wood dowel.
          Rich

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you all, this is very useful.

To clarify about the ladders, I was referring to the Fortress ones. I thought they were molded, but as most everything else in the set is cardboard, I can understand why they would be die-cut, too.

Kryptosmaster/Megoapesnut, can you supply dimensions on the capture pole dowel? I'm assumming it's about 1/4" diameter by 9" long?
            Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 7, '09, 12:42 PM.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mr Mego
              Love to play with Megos
              • Oct 19, 2003

Hey guys, haven't you answer to his question?

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              Megoapesnut, can you supply dimensions on the capture pole dowel? I'm assumming it's about 1/4" diameter by 9" long?
              I'm asking question about that in my new thread - Mego Boxed POTA Treehouse Capture Carry Pole question

Is that Carry Pole correct size? If not, please let us know. Thanks....
              Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎