Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

Clem asked me to add this from the other post.

Took Clem's excellent group shot and put the colors into a scale to show the variances even more directly. It makes a lot of sense from the production side.

The Don, Lg "S", and T1 (Small "S") Superman would most likely have been large big retailer runs and at a similar time line or at the very least a sequential time line run. The absence of TM info on Don would also make sense since DC did not own the rights to Don and would therefore not need them there. These three examples show very similar color patterns that are almost exact though not perfectly exact. The biggest color differences seem to show in the T2 Superman and the Clark Kent SI head. Being that the T2 was a completely different mold it makes sense that there may have been a complete color change made which would also explain the differences in color between the T1 and T2 bodies. The T2's are definitely darker in color than the T1's, and the head skintone would have been adjusted to match. The Kent head was most likely a completely different production run from the ones they would have done for a Superman so it makes sense that a difference in skin tone could have occurred. Also explains why it seems all the SI's have the same skin tone, they were done as an independant run and not with the other figures. Just a little more support towards Len's comparison that the SI figures have a completely different skin color than the rest of the line. Side by side it shows up even more distinctly.

Seeing how the T2 figures ended up being even darker, could the SI heads have been the first step to making a darker complexion as they migrated from the T1 stage to T2?

Last edited by megocrazy; Apr 13, '10, 12:56 PM.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• clemso
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 8, 2001

You've really nailed the SI color megocrazy. Something else I have notice, and I want all you SI owners to go home and try this and tell me what you think. The Kent head I have feels more squidgy, softer rubber, than the standard Superman heads. I'm just wondering if this is common to all SIs. So can you go home and give your doll a squeeze please

Comment

• sauce
        Removed
        • Jun 24, 2007

This is amazing work!! Thank you!!

Comment

• starsky
          veteran member
          • Aug 26, 2007

thank you, very informative!!

Comment

• hobub
            Ghost of a Dead Indian
            • Jun 18, 2001

Wow, Nice comparison Clem. And Chuck that color sampler from his photos was a great idea. Excellent demonstration and write up.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎