X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dreddbatfan
    Museum Super Collector
    • Oct 3, 2008

Which Head Is Best To Paint

I'm making my own superhero in an 8" mego style but he has red hair and eyebrows with blue eyes.Which of the mego heads would be best to use to repaint and what type of paint should I use?Thanks in advance to whoever can help.
  • timb
    Will Draw for Toys
    • May 1, 2009

You might consider just purchasing the resin cast head of your choice so you don't have to paint over a preexisting head. You could get one from Doc Mego or reproheads.com or even off ebay.

If you do that, you might experiment with either Testor's model paints, or acrylic to see which you like better. I prefer acrylic better myself as it's easier to work with and doesn't have that overly glossy shine model paint has.

Comment

• Tothiro
      Kitten Mittens
      • Aug 28, 2008

Originally posted by timb
      I prefer acrylic better myself as it's easier to work with and doesn't have that overly glossy shine model paint has.
      I agree on the acrylics - I like a water based acrylics, my favorite are Model Master or Floquil... they're scale ground pigments, so they have great coverage but sometimes require a few coats. The pigments are ground finer than paints like Citadel, etc... meaning the particles of color in the actual paint are smaller, so they color and cover nicely without bunching up and obscuring detail.

Comment

• AAAAA
        Permanent Member
        • Oct 28, 2005

I agree with the resin cast head,
        acrylics are immune to the chemical reactive vinyl.there the best.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎