Shazam variant or Peter Parker variant?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LonnieFisher
    replied
    I'm looking to find a Shazam with the Peter Parker eye paint mask next. Not blue, but the same shape. I don't know if any exist, but I'm on the hunt!

Leave a comment:

• LonnieFisher
    replied
    Originally posted by PNGwynne
    So, it's the (incorrect) PP paint mask used on the hair? The colors, as wellas the eyes & brows, look Shazam! to me.
    Yes, it's the PP paint mask for the hair. On a non-copyrighted head. The hair color and face details are the Shazam style. But it still makes a more accurate Peter Parker than the blue eyed head.

Leave a comment:

• PNGwynne
    replied
    So, it's the (incorrect) PP paint mask used on the hair? The colors, as wellas the eyes & brows, look Shazam! to me.

Leave a comment:

• LonnieFisher
    replied
    Everybody should check their Shazam figures to see if they have the hybrid head. There are a lot of unmarked Shazam heads, but I don't think there are a lot of the Peter Parker hair paint jobs.

Leave a comment:

• LonnieFisher
    replied
    This head has no copyright with Peter Parker style hair paint, but the paint is black and not dark brown. The fact that he has dark eyes makes him more accurate to the comic, where Peter had brown eyes, not blue. So this head is more Peter Parker than Shazam, in my opinion.

Last edited by LonnieFisher; Feb 16, '16, 7:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LonnieFisher
    replied
    I should have one of these half Peter Parker heads in a few days.

Leave a comment:

• SlipperyLilSuckers
    replied
    Originally posted by LonnieFisher
    The AE's/SI's did't come on Type 1 bodies. They came with no body in a box.
    Yes, but at the time they were designed for type one bodies I believe.

Leave a comment:

• LonnieFisher
    replied
    Originally posted by Blue Meanie
    Short neck plug means it's just another Shazam head...AE's/SI's had long neck plugs because they were on Type 1 bodies. Sorry to be the "bubble burster" .
    The AE's/SI's did't come on Type 1 bodies. They came with no body in a box.

Leave a comment:

• hedrap
    replied
    Weird - I was just planning to ask the exact same question.

I recently picked up a Shazam with the NPP 1973 stamp on the neck, but a number of years ago, I bought a naked Shazam at a flea market, and just realized he has no stamp.

One one side, the flea market head has a very thin almost straight side-burn that doesn't touch the ear. On his other side, the side-burn is closer to a traditional Shazam, but the bottom has more of a point. I tend to agree that these are failed or excess Parker heads that were shifted into the Shazam line.

Leave a comment:

• piecemaker
    replied
    Heres the side views of my mint condition Type 2 Shazam.

Leave a comment:

• piecemaker
    replied
    Heres the other side.

Leave a comment:

• piecemaker
    replied
    Heres one side.

Leave a comment:

• piecemaker
    replied
    Originally posted by hobub
    Those are fist-fighter heads with virtually no lower plug. Interesting widow's peak though. If it is original paint, it is definitely something you don't see.
    Thanks for the additional info.It sure looks like original paint to me.Looking again at them, the sideburns seem different also,Shazams are rounded on the bottom.The sideburns on the other one are squared off.I have another Shazam i going to dig out and see what his head looks like.It appears the server change has affected the previous pics i posted.I'll post some side views later.

Leave a comment:

• MegoMark71
    replied
    Still pretty cool in my eyes.

Leave a comment:

• hobub
    replied
    Originally posted by piecemaker
    I had always assumed the two head plug styles shown were type 1 heads and the type 2 heads were the ones with virtually no lower plug after the bevel part.
    Those are fist-fighter heads with virtually no lower plug. Interesting widow's peak though. If it is original paint, it is definitely something you don't see.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎