X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

9" scale females ?

Are there any female nine inch figures besides the Dale Arden and Leeta? I need some for customs...
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

Are you wanting vintage items for 9" customs? Or are you just looking for something in that scale?
    The famous covers girl bodies are 9". Much more voluptuous and posable than mego female bodies, tho the hands are kind of whack. For vintage, I think Ideal made a police woman doll that is about 9". That might work well for customs in that scale. The Charlies angel girls are also a bit bigger than your standard 8" mego man, tho I not sure if they are 9s or not.

If you ever decide to hack a Leela for a custom job, lemme know. I'll buy the accessories.

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

btw:

try checking in the customs area of the board and ask thunderbolt about 9" stuff, he works with that all the time.

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Yep, Dale and Leela are the only 9" females Mego made as far as I know. rche is right about the Hasbro Charlie's Angels, they are almost exactly 9", but not nearly as articulated as the Mego females. Horseman made the Police Woman doll. I'm not sure about her exact height, but I have one in the mail coming to me soon, and then I'll know.

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

That's right. Horsman. I've got one in a box somewhere. She had a great trenchcoat.
          Was on my workbench for the longest time, but I can't remember if the legs were rubber knees or jointed. Still, a little more available than Dale or Leela and without the molded on boots.
          Last edited by rche; Jun 25, '09, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Holly from Logan's Run was one of the customs I wanted to make with the nine inch body. Farrah died and I don't think I can make it now. I'm very sad...

Comment

• Bionic Joe
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 10, 2006

I believe the Charlies angels figures are 9 inch if so just buy the Jill figure and change her outfit and you have a great Holly

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

The FC gals are pretty good, I do usually shorten the arms and legs a bit, unless its for a big gal like Wonder Woman.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

I don't want to use the FC figures any more. I don't like the female figures. I made a lot of customs with them about eight years ago or so. I only have one 9" Mego Dale and I had no idea she had rubber legs and molded on boots until this thread mentioned it. The legs aren't even jointed like barbie but just wire in rubber.

Comment

• AAAAA
                    Permanent Member
                    • Oct 28, 2005

look for dollfie on ebay japanese doll manufacture.
                    they have different sizes.
                    type in Obitsu OOAK 23cm dollfie mimi doll Blythe body white
                    come without a head and different hands for 17.99
                    might be what you need
                    Last edited by AAAAA; Jun 27, '09, 9:23 AM.

Comment

• Megotu
                      jerk
                      • Dec 16, 2001

Tht Trek Playmate figures had a 9" line that is pretty available and Exclusive premieres had a very similar 9" scale body. Both of these are pretty widely available but usually feature molded on footwear. Skipper from the Barbie line is also around that scale
                      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Those Trek And EP bodies are horrible, no waist ankle or wrist articulation.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Megotu
                          jerk
                          • Dec 16, 2001

Oh I agree not a great figure, but they are more available. And some people don't really need the articulation for customs. Especially if they intend to box or card it.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Megotu
                            jerk
                            • Dec 16, 2001

And while not widely available, the Kristi McNichol figure from Mego maybe in the 9 inch world as well...I think.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎