• Show
Clear All
  • theressa
    Sewing...?
    • Jun 13, 2004

Kirk and Zira Wearing o' the green!!

Hi Folks,

Sharing this with you.
    Green haired Kirk and Zira! I have never seen these two, just knew they existed. Heard more about Galen, Corny and Zira than Kirk. These were extremely hard to photograph! In most cases the flash washed out the green.
    Some don't care for the green hair, but I think it's refreshing!
    These came in seperate auctions. I did not even know they were in them. What a bonus! I went for both auctions for various reasons. Zira came from the UK and in an ape lot with Palitoy cards and bubbles. Zira's top itself is a variant, missing the inner sleeves. Too bad it's got tiny holes, oh well!
    Kirk came in a lot with a complete Enterprise and a T1 McCoy And Spock!

Thanks for looking, T

Wants, original parts; thinking...
    It's the quiet ones you gotta watch!
    Custom suits, in time
    T_SUITS
  • UnderdogDJLSW
    To Fear is Not Logical...
    • Feb 17, 2008

My grandmother sent me a Kirk as a gift, I think around '76 or '77. For a long time I never opened the package because I already had a Kirk and the one she sent me had the green hair look. A few months later I noticed that he didn't look as green. Only if I angled the package a certain way. I opened him up and then used him with my crew's adventures.
    I have my original Treks packed away since I found them in my folks storage so that my kids won't confuse them with the ones they play with, but I'll have to unpack when I'm back from work and see if I can see any green hair.
    It's all good!

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Not having seen one in person and having a bit of difficulty with the pictures- Do these have an underlying coat of green paint that is showing through or is the hair itelf a very darg shade of green?
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

I wonder if that isn't a paint mixing issue. I know when I was custom painting t-shirts, and didn't have brown, sometimes I would mix orange and green.
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• theressa
          Sewing...?
          • Jun 13, 2004

Originally posted by Wee67
          Not having seen one in person and having a bit of difficulty with the pictures- Do these have an underlying coat of green paint that is showing through or is the hair itelf a very darg shade of green?
          It looks more like a transparent coat of green. As there is regular head paint under it.

Like I mentioned, pics were hard to get Might be better in sunlight.
          Wants, original parts; thinking...
          It's the quiet ones you gotta watch!
          Custom suits, in time
          T_SUITS

Comment

• vulcan2074
            Live Long and Prosper
            • Mar 23, 2008

Hello
            Those are Really Cool Megos. I've known about the Green Haired Zira but I never knew about the Green Haired Captain Kirk. What a Wonderful Surprise
            Sammy

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎