X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ozcollector1992
    Longtime Oz Collector
    • Oct 13, 2006

Price check :wizard of oz

I was wondering if there was a value difference between a type 1 and type 2 wizard...i found a complete type 2 wizard at my grandmas house but dont know if i should sell that one ir my type 1 wizard...

Sean
    Your powers on Earth may seem extraordinary, Kal-El, but we are not gods. - Jor-El (Smallville Season 5)
  • ramsey37
    • Jun 18, 2001

I don't think there's a significant price difference between T1 and T2 Oz figures in general. They appear to be pretty common either way.
    George

Comment

• kryptosmaster
      Removed.
      • Jun 14, 2008

Sometimes it's neat to have both versions. I have two Batmans, two robins, two Dr Zaius, two Kirks, two Spocks, etc etc.
      If you have the rest of the Oz figures and you really only want one Wizard then keep the one that is the same type as the other figures.

Rich

Comment

• ozcollector1992
        Longtime Oz Collector
        • Oct 13, 2006

thats weird though...all of the rest of my moms original figures are type 2 but the wizard that i found was type 1.....they were bought at the same time...
        Your powers on Earth may seem extraordinary, Kal-El, but we are not gods. - Jor-El (Smallville Season 5)

Comment

• warlock664
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 15, 2009

I'm not sure about this, but I believe the Wizard was initially available only in the EMERALD CITY Playset. He was released later in a boxed version (the later box with the yellow brick road off to the side of the window) and is scarce in boxed condition. I think the early Wizards that were in the playset came in polybags and were Type 1; most (if not all) of the later Wizards (that were boxed) were Type 2.
          I have a set of six Type 1 (well, except for the gals which are always found in one version) figures in the early non-YBR boxes and a Type 1 Wizard in polybag, and a set of seven Type 2 MIB in the YBR-box, including the Wizard. Very nice, easy to find, and very affordable , except for the Wizard boxed!

Comment

• warlock664
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by warlock664
            I'm not sure about this, but I believe the Wizard was initially available only in the EMERALD CITY Playset. He was released later in a boxed version (the later box with the yellow brick road off to the side of the window) and is scarce in boxed condition. I think the early Wizards that were in the playset came in polybags and were Type 1; most (if not all) of the later Wizards (that were boxed) were Type 2.
            I have a set of six Type 1 (well, except for the gals which are always found in one version) figures in the early non-YBR boxes and a Type 1 Wizard in polybag, and a set of seven Type 2 MIB in the YBR-box, including the Wizard. Very nice, easy to find, and very affordable , except for the Wizard boxed!
            Well, I checked ebay, and there was a recent auction for a MIB Wizard that was Type 1, so obviously the boxed Wizards must have come both Type 1 and Type 2. Also, perhaps the Wizard was available as a mail-in (?), as there seem to be a lot of them that show up poly-bagged.

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by warlock664
              Yep, I think the Wizard was originally only in the Playset but was released boxed near the series' production end (which is why a boxed one is damn scarce). Playsets could have either type 1 or 2 Wizards (mine comes with a T2) and as you say, boxed ones are usually T2s but not always. You know the main rule about Mego, there are no rules.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎