• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

skinny KISS or fat KISS

Hiya folks,

I can't stand the skinny 12" mego body. Too much fashion doll, not enough action figure.

Anybody know how long that body lasted with the KISS dolls?

Would one expect to find more skinny or muscle bodies on those toys?

thanks
    rche
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

I can't stand those either,You usually find the muscle bodies.The skinny bodies are cheaper and I don't think they made Peter like that
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

On the other hand,with skinny bodies you don't have to worry about knee pins or elbows snapping,so that's a plus
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• marmes
        Megolomaniac
        • May 12, 2007

Hey...
        This thread gave me an awesome idea...
        EMCE or some company should do repro fat body KISS 12 in figures
        but of the band as they look NOW.. like literally Gene all fat and s**t like he looks now but wearing the Destroyer outfit or something.
        That wd be awesome(well...not really,I'm just ...well...picture it in your head,it IS kinda funny)

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by marmes
          Hey...
          This thread gave me an awesome idea...
          EMCE or some company should do repro fat body KISS 12 in figures
          but of the band as they look NOW.. like literally Gene all fat and s**t like he looks now but wearing the Destroyer outfit or something.
          That wd be awesome(well...not really,I'm just ...well...picture it in your head,it IS kinda funny)
          Ace and Peter would stay the same as they are now portrayed in concerts by unnamed young guns with the greasepaint on. EMCE would have to work on hairplugs for the torso for Paul.

rche

Comment

• Hotfoot
            Dazed and Confused
            • Dec 30, 2007

Last time I saw KISS with Ace Frehley he just stood there like an old man. His arm flab wiggling as he played. Definately laked energy. Tommy Thayer is now playing the part of Space Ace!
            Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Side note,I loved it the time they had most of the band on Gene Simmons' Family Jewels and couldn't beat Nick at Rock Band even playing one of their own songs.

Comment

• spiderrogue
                new mego-er
                • Feb 3, 2008

^^that was a great episode..sadly there arent any new ones since they went back on the road recently, or so i read that someplace...fyi, the "peter criss" look a like is former drummer from the 90's..eric singer - dyed his hair black and looks really bad..and the ace look alike is tom thayer..or something like that..dont know who he is for sure...
                as for the kiss megos, what's the difference between the two? i have the paul one from when i was a kid. are they worth different amounts/more scarce? just wondering mostly..
                thanks

Comment

• noelani72
                  27inaleon
                  • Jun 25, 2002

as taken from our own museum gallery info: "KISS was first released on the skinny male bodies used for Sonny Bono, The Captain and other male figures. These are generally considered rarer than later issues on the more "Mego style" 12 and half-inch bodies."

http://www.megomuseum.com/kiss/index.html

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by spiderrogue
                    i have the paul one from when i was a kid. are they worth different amounts/more scarce? just wondering mostly..
                    thanks
                    Paul is historically the most common/cheapest/least in demand of the four. When I was a kid, he was certainly a shelf warmer. The first time I saw the figures at retail, there was just a whole bunch of Pauls and one Peter. And about two years later, I found a couple Pauls on clearance in beat up boxes for half price ($5.00). In terms of prices and demand, Ace seems to be at the top, closely followed by Peter, then Gene, then Paul way at the bottom. The skinny body versions are definitely far more scarce, they were in production for a very short time, but they usually sell for less than the more popular and asthetically pleasing regular bodies.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎