Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the best way to display MEGO dolls.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spiderrogue
    new mego-er
    • Feb 3, 2008

ummmm..at my house? i would keep them safe, promise. on a more serious note...i think that what most of you said...no sunlight, in a case, sort of thing....i've always wanted to do that with my statues and busts..just no room...

Comment

• hyperjoe
      Museum Patron
      • Jul 2, 2008

I understand sunlight but are there any other lights to watch out for? I see Florissant is bad. What else?
      I am proud to be Americana. In today's society, I would be considered folklore -Me

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

I believe that incandescent light would do the least amount of harm (i.e. has the least amount of UV)

Comment

• johnmiic
          Adrift
          • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by cjefferys
          I believe that incandescent light would do the least amount of harm (i.e. has the least amount of UV)

Don't those emit more heat? Would they melt the toys?

Comment

• Collect 'em all!
            Wannabe Toys R Us Kid
            • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
            Ikea used to sell the Detolf which is a toy collector's friend. I don't know if they have JSYK stores in the US but they sell some nice display cases as well.
            My wife and I were walking around IKEA tonight and I came across the DETOLF glass display cases. Yep, this is the answer guys!

Yep. "I'm getting that--fo sho!"

If you get 2 or 3 of them and set them up side by side, they make a pretty impressive display. Heres' a couple of photos I got from Google showing what if looks like when you have a two of these Detolf case side by side displaying collectibles.

It measures 16 3/4" wide x 64 1/8" tall x 14 3/4" deep

ONLY $59.99 each
            That's cheap! (we've probably all payed at least that much on single mego before, Lol)

I removed the doors from the large closet in my home studio/toy room, and use that large nook as my primary display area. These will fit in there under the fixed closet shelf, perfectly!

My wife is happy because the price is right. I have to agree. Less money spent on a nice display case = more money in my pocket to spend on megos to put in them

Last edited by Collect 'em all!; Aug 13, '08, 8:32 PM. Reason: added photos and text
            sigpic CAPTURED: 1976 King Kong Pen-a-Poster Art Kit by Craft Master
            That 70's Kong Found and brought in by my wife, Pamela. I love ya, honey! Mego Talk - View Single Post - King Kong Anyone??

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Ikea used to sell these wood/glass cabinets, six feet tall...I believe Dan/Dumbledor has them too...

I chose them over the one Collect Em All! posted...those are nice too, more glass all around, but kinda too short for my taste.
              sigpic

Comment

• vulcan2074
                Live Long and Prosper
                • Mar 23, 2008

Nice set Up Hector. I dig it.
                V~2074

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Thanks...although many of my higher-priced Megos you see there are gone.

I will start buying those back soon.

sigpic

Comment

• Green_Lantern
                    • Aug 5, 2008

display

i want a display anybody selling a nice one ?

Comment

• Raydeen1
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 23, 2008

I have all mine away right now. Disassembled my display when we moved and don't plan on putting it back together until we're settled in the new house. I have a 4 level cabinet with plexiglass that scews to the front of it I use for Megos. Superman hangs in a flying pose and Spidey climbs the wall. Batman and Robin are cruising on the Batcycle. I miss it.

My GI Joe cabinet is currently my boys' bookshelf! It also has plexi glass that screws to the front of it.

Comment

• blastphemey
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 11, 2008

can you display them in the light while carded ? cause i have 23 figures on cards and most of em are near the window..

Comment

• Megotu
                          jerk
                          • Dec 16, 2001

I personally recommend LED lighting. Less heat, less damage, les energy used. I have used XMas rope lights in the past as well. That was a fun display.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎