Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With the Big Lots wave being primarily deco variants, what else would you like to see

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

With the Big Lots wave being primarily deco variants, what else would you like to see

There have been a ton of looks for the characters over the years. What would you like to see?

I'd love an Earth 2 Superman. I'd say a Recovery Suit Superman, but that would require a new head, but in this case we wanna use as little new tooling as possible.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures
  • hizzy
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 1, 2023

Earth 2 Superman and Batman. Maybe some secret identities in a two pack? Vendors want the big names. A secret identities two pack would get me to double (triple) dip.

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

I understand the desire for Secret Identities, and I doubt we'll wait long before it happens.

But it was a bad idea in the 70s and the only reason we really want them now is because the originals were rare, and much coveted, mostly BECAUSE they weren't popular when new.

Same goes for the Aquaman shark.
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• KingKickass1983
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2019

I'd like to see them revisit older figures. Rocky with bruised face and Apollo with non bruised face for example.

Though I'd prefer they give us some new sculpts and characters. Like a Bud to finally complete my Bundy family..
        Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

I don't see any of that stuff happening, bro. The sitcom stuff didn't do well at all.

I admire you keeping the fire burning, but the MWC ones were awful. Al especially.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
            Career Member
            • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by B-Lister
            I don't see any of that stuff happening, bro. The sitcom stuff didn't do well at all.

I admire you keeping the fire burning, but the MWC ones were awful. Al especially.
            sigh* I know...but a guy can dream...

My fingers are also crossed they'll give us Hercules and Xena.
            Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• TheXFactor
              Museum Patron
              • Oct 31, 2013

There have been a ton of looks for the characters over the years. What would you like to see?

I'd love an Earth 2 Superman. I'd say a Recovery Suit Superman, but that would require a new head, but in this case we wanna use as little new tooling as possible.
              Earth 2 adult Robin (with his outfit from the 70s), and versions of the original four WGSH with head sculpts in the Filmation likeness of the characters.

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

Green red and yellow half cowl?

Comment

• TheXFactor
                  Museum Patron
                  • Oct 31, 2013

Green red and yellow half cowl?
                  Yup. The costume seen here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_(Earth-Two)

Comment

• B-Lister
                    Eccentric Weirdo
                    • Mar 19, 2010

While I would love to see it, that's basically an all new figure.

You could use the Nightwing head, but it'd be a domino mask.

I don't think people understand what my intent was here.

Without using any new tooling for heads (and only minor tooling for accessories) what variations could be made on existing characters?

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

I would like to see some of the modern DC stuff re-used.

The first Batman redone in blue & gray, with bat-emblem or yellow oval emblem. Or both just to drive people crazy!

A Superman with lighter blue costume using the Red Son head (hopefully upsized a bit).

Filmation costume Aquaman, with cuffed gloves.

Wonder Woman in a costume with yellow instead of gold.

I wish there was a little mod I could think of for the regular Shazam release (not Topps) that could justify increasing the head size and deformity of the original head.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                        Radioactive!
                        • Feb 13, 2010

Earth-Two Superman with grey/white temples and revised symbol would be the easiest, and my most wanted.

Earth-Two Batman could use the non-removable original Mego head sculpt, with white eyes and shading on the cowl and revised symbol. The smiling head would actually work well here.

Earth-Two Robin with his original Batman inspired suit could use the existing Robin head with the appropriate mask painted on, as both had the two spit curls.

Golden Age Aquaman would need yellow gloves and a black belt with a larger “A” symbol.

Kingdom Come Superman would be an easy repaint as well.
                        Last edited by Krypt0nite; Nov 15, '23, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• TheXFactor
                          Museum Patron
                          • Oct 31, 2013

While I would love to see it, that's basically an all new figure.

You could use the Nightwing head, but it'd be a domino mask.

I don't think people understand what my intent was here.

Without using any new tooling for heads (and only minor tooling for accessories) what variations could be made on existing characters?
                          Oh OK, now I see what you're asking for. In which case, the only thing I can think of is TV screen accurate Filmation costumes (including the live action Shazam!).

Comment

• greensavage2000
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 9, 2013

I'd like these:
                            E-2 Superman
                            E-2 Robin Bat-Costume
                            Silver-age Thomas Wayne's Bat-Costume
                            Aquaman blue costume
                            Riddler '66 costume
                            Shazam with white and yellow cape with comic accurate boots
                            Joker with '66 Tv show color costume
                            Dark Flash
                            GL classic Gil Kane first costume
                            Rainbow Batmans classic smiley face head
                            Superman Blue
                            Superman Red
                            Alien GL's (New Heads)
                            E-2 Batman (no yellow bat-symbol)

I tried to pick small amounts of new tooling and stuff.
                            Last edited by greensavage2000; Nov 27, '23, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

That 50th Shazam! "upgrade" is a good suggestion, especially since he's scarce.

A gray & black 50th Batman with Golden-Age chest-emblem might do well.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎