Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TitansLair
    • Jan 6, 2023

Hawkman Planned in Wave 19 + more news

Hey! Some cool news from the Rhode Island Comic Con, Mego had a booth and panel:

Hawkman is planned for wave 19

Wave 18 will be shipping in February 2024

SuperGals are coming! They are perfecting the details of the figures

Teen Titans are discussed (both the original 1977 figures and also some new ones)

Marvel won’t be coming until 2025, but like the 50th anniversary figures, expect classic rereleases plus new Marvel figures as well
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...n-11-4-2023%85

talked about there
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

So we shouldn't expect anything but WGSH from now until forever, huh?

Cool. Wonder if Super 7 wants my money?
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

That’s like complaining the women are just too attractive lol. Jk. I think a lot of it is there are so many characters that people never got as a kid and maybe they didn’t like the FTC version or so on. I wish Mego would do some playsets. I think the backdrop pieces they did for Trek and Jeannie and Bewitched should be done for POTA based on the AMSCO playset art or the Fortress art or something. Maybe contact Robin and license her art making it retroactively official. Put out the whole TV POTA line in 2packs with backdrops. I would get back into POTA for that. I love the new movies but I don’t think I would buy figures from that.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

I think a POTA line would definitely be a hot seller, along with more Trek aliens and villains.

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
            That’s like complaining the women are just too attractive lol.
            Some of us aren't into women.

And my point isn't that I'm upset they're doing WGSH (it may come off that way, but I'm just being extreme to emphasize my point), I'm upset that they seem i pnterested ONLY in WGSH.

I said it before that it feels like the goal was to use the other licenses as stepping stones to re-acquire the Marvel and DC licenses, and now that they have them, it certainly reinforces that idea.

They let the Universal and Hammer licenses lapse, they don't seem interested in the Ultraman license (Where's my Ultraman Zero?), and they are trickling out Trek and Apes, but they clearly aren't a priority.

I just don't see how this is a long term strategy. It sometimes feels like they're trying to do a thousand things at once, and other times that they're narrowing their focus to the point that it's alienating fans such as myself.

I'm never gonna get the DC characters I want, so what's the point for me? Same with Marvel.
            Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Xavion2004
              • Dec 15, 2022

Originally posted by B-Lister
              Some of us aren't into women.

And my point isn't that I'm upset they're doing WGSH (it may come off that way, but I'm just being extreme to emphasize my point), I'm upset that they seem i pnterested ONLY in WGSH.

I said it before that it feels like the goal was to use the other licenses as stepping stones to re-acquire the Marvel and DC licenses, and now that they have them, it certainly reinforces that idea.

They let the Universal and Hammer licenses lapse, they don't seem interested in the Ultraman license (Where's my Ultraman Zero?), and they are trickling out Trek and Apes, but they clearly aren't a priority.

I just don't see how this is a long term strategy. It sometimes feels like they're trying to do a thousand things at once, and other times that they're narrowing their focus to the point that it's alienating fans such as myself.

I'm never gonna get the DC characters I want, so what's the point for me? Same with Marvel.
              I completely understand where you’re coming from. All WGSH, all night, all day, in stereo works for me, but I’ve been in your position many times with other lines and other licenses. I’m a firm believer that the “Something for Everyone” approach works best over the long run. Hopefully WGSH was just the hot topic at the Rhode Island Comic Con and future waves (including Wave 19) will continue to have a variety of characters from different licenses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Make Mine Marvel! I'd take Marvel over any other property in existence. Mego and Marvel are my two favorite properties ever. Third would be Star Trek, the original stuff before the first movie came out. More TOS and TAS would be super awesome.

Comment

• TheXFactor
                  Museum Patron
                  • Oct 31, 2013

Originally posted by B-Lister

Much like an indie music label who has an act or two with significant mainstream success, radio play, etc which- in turn- allows them to keep smaller acts signed, sales from the WGSH line (both back in the 70s as well as now) certainly helps pay for other licenses.

I haven't read anything official stating that they have the Marvel license (maybe I missed it?), although there was mention earlier in this thread of Marvel Characters coming out in 2025. You can't argue the popularity of the WGSH line over all the others when you compare what vintage mint, carded, CIB versions currently sell for. Just look at the prices for the Mego items in the Hake's auction recently mentioned on the main page.

Someone else could have the Universal and Hammer licenses (ditto for Ultraman), and that would explain the lack of new figures from those lines. As far as Trek and Apes go, I was under the impression that something was being targeted for the 50th anniversary of both those lines.

I do agree with you that the business strategy seems to be all over the place. I wasn't interested in a single character from Wave 18 (outside of the Big Lots exclusives), and- as stated previously- felt that they should have done ALL the original WGSH first. Super Gals (including Isis), Teen Titans, Secret Identity, and Mxyzptlk before any other new characters, maybe with the exception of "new" classic characters such as Two Face, Brainiac, and Bizarro because they're all major villains for three of the original four WGSH (although it's weird that Flash got a Rouges Gallery villain before Aquaman did). Weaving new figures in is fine of course- especially when it's more of the Filmation characters that inspired the line to begin with (Green Lantern and The Flash, in this instance). To make that complete however, we'd need both Hawkman and The Atom.

Dr. Mego seems fairly easy to get in touch with. Why not reach out to him with a list of DC and Marvel characters that you'd like to see produced?

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

I don't think Mego gets enough credit for the other things they *are* trying.

Ultraman, the Rocketeer, Willy Wonka, Rick & Morty, Ted Lasso, House of the Dragon, Pinocchio, Creepshow, the Nun, music icons, etc. None of those were "sure things" for the brand. Some have paid off better than others, but I like that they are not afraid to take risks on interesting properties with crossover appeal.

Comment

• B-Lister
                      Eccentric Weirdo
                      • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by TheXFactor
                      Dr. Mego seems fairly easy to get in touch with. Why not reach out to him with a list of DC and Marvel characters that you'd like to see produced?

I have history with Paul. We don't get along. I will not speak to him after what he said to me at Mego Meet several years ago.

But I will not speak ill of him on this forum either.
                      Last edited by B-Lister; Nov 12, '23, 7:51 PM.

Comment

• TheXFactor
                        Museum Patron
                        • Oct 31, 2013

Originally posted by TrekStar
                        I think a POTA line would definitely be a hot seller, along with more Trek aliens and villains.
                        In the video, it sounds like any future POTA releases have been scrapped- partially due to Fox/Disney wanting to focus on that CGI-travesty movie series with a new installment coming out next summer. It's worth noting that- in the past few years- all the primary ape and human characters from the film series have been done, save for Aldo and Virgil. Personally, I wouldn't mind other Human characters such as Dr. Hasslein (ESCAPE), Governor Breck and Mr. MacDonald (CONQUEST), as well as Kolp and MacDonald (BATTLE), but they could be cost-prohibitive because of licensing their likeness of each actor vs the amount of figures that would actually sell. Taylor and Brent made sense since they were both the main protagonists in each of the first two films. None of the four TV series figures were reissued, nor was the generic Astronaut. If they want to go with new characters while keeping the costs down, there's five ape and five human characters from the animated series that could use figures with screen accurate outfits. In case you're wondering: Cornelius, Zira, Dr. Zaius, General Urko, a generic Ape Soldier, as well as Bill Hudson, Jeff Allen, Judy Franklin, Ronald Brent, and Krador. Possibly a generic Underdweller as well.

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by sprytel
                          I don't think Mego gets enough credit for the other things they *are* trying.

Ultraman, the Rocketeer, Willy Wonka, Rick & Morty, Ted Lasso, House of the Dragon, Pinocchio, Creepshow, the Nun, music icons, etc. None of those were "sure things" for the brand. Some have paid off better than others, but I like that they are not afraid to take risks on interesting properties with crossover appeal.
                          I think that's a very good point.

Comment

• B-Lister
                            Eccentric Weirdo
                            • Mar 19, 2010

I just hope we see MORE Ultraman.

Reissue the original four in boxes (preferably with some Japanese on the box) on the new bodies.

Then give us Zero, Zoffy, Leo, and Dyna

Comment

• danadoll
                              Micronaut Nut!
                              • Apr 11, 2005

No Marvel until 2025? Mego, you’re killing me!

Dana
                              "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎