X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego Meet: Kids Custom Contest!

This Sunday at Mego Meet Power-Con, don’t miss the Kid’s Custom Contest hosted by Brue and Lily. Kids at Power-Con will have access to free bodies and parts to make their own creations and win prizes. It’s an annual tradition and all are welcome. Special thanks to Steve, Moore Absolutely Retro and Figures Toy Company…
    The post Mego Meet: Kids Custom Contest! appeared first on Mego Museum.

More...
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

super happy to know this tradition is continuing.
    Looking forward to some great pictures of the kids creations.
    Last edited by rche; Aug 9, '23, 9:02 PM.

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by rche
      super happy to know this tradition is continuing.
      Looking forward to some great pictures of the kids creations.
      it was hard to get going. I only attended Sunday It was in a shared environment not just mego meet. It was different.

But everything came together. We had 10 participants -on par with previous years.

Participants and their parents seemed very pleased.

Steve Moore provided bodies and most of the parts. Many others threw in parts and prizes.

I scraped together a less than bare minimum craft supplies (I should have brought some. but forgot).

Lily sat at the table and help participants.

My other daughter (16) Eleanor made the long 7 minute trip to Mego Meet with thanks to Bill McFarland. She participated and helped facilitate. Due to relationship to the judges, we agreed she would be assigned 10th place.

All kids except 1 took their figure and a prize home. We couldn't locate 1 girl :(

The winner and runner up and Ed Nagy's family didn't want the responsibility of returning the trophy, so it went to tenth place Eleanor to display, keep safe and return.

Hope to see you next year.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Are there any pictures to share?

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

You guys did a FANTASTIC job of this, especially considering the new environment. Amazing stuff!

I didn't take any pics because I was in a panel.

Originally posted by Brue
          it was hard to get going. I only attended Sunday It was in a shared environment not just mego meet. It was different.

But everything came together. We had 10 participants -on par with previous years.

Participants and their parents seemed very pleased.

Steve Moore provided bodies and most of the parts. Many others threw in parts and prizes.

I scraped together a less than bare minimum craft supplies (I should have brought some. but forgot).

Lily sat at the table and help participants.

My other daughter (16) Eleanor made the long 7 minute trip to Mego Meet with thanks to Bill McFarland. She participated and helped facilitate. Due to relationship to the judges, we agreed she would be assigned 10th place.

All kids except 1 took their figure and a prize home. We couldn't locate 1 girl :(

The winner and runner up and Ed Nagy's family didn't want the responsibility of returning the trophy, so it went to tenth place Eleanor to display, keep safe and return.

Hope to see you next year.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

photos from kids customs experience
            IMG_9209.jpg. IMG_9213.jpg. IMG_9252.jpg
            Last edited by Brue; Aug 20, '23, 8:28 PM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Thanks for posting pictures!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡