X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CaptainTrenchcoat
    Career Member
    • Jul 6, 2006

Greatest American Hero News

Over at newsarama.com there is news of a new comic series and animation project about the Greatest America Hero. And hopes of a new movie starring the original cast also. I post this here in hopes that maybe the Mego GAH figure that was released a couple of years ago may be mass produced if the film happens. Or maybe something similar.

Here's hoping....

Cap
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

Pretty cool

It can't be mass produced cause it was an exclusive,and I'm sure the FX toy show has some sort of right to that figure
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
      valar morghulis
      • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by CaptainTrenchcoat
      Over at newsarama.com there is news of a new comic series and animation project about the Greatest America Hero. And hopes of a new movie starring the original cast also.
      The article says the prospective movie will feature the same characters, but I don't think it's implying the same actors will be playing them.

Comment

• CaptainTrenchcoat
        Career Member
        • Jul 6, 2006

Originally posted by Histrionic Spock
        The article says the prospective movie will feature the same characters, but I don't think it's implying the same actors will be playing them.
        True. It does state that the original cast is doing the voices for the animated shorts though. So there is hope.

Comment

• drmego
          EMCE Toys
          • Jun 15, 2001

FX show has no rights to the Greatest American Hero - that deal was only for the
          three days of the 2007 FX show.

If Cannell wants to make a new show, it may mean that he is willing to
          give out licenses for it.

The truth is - would it be worth it?
          www.drmego.com
          www.megoman.com
          www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• megocrazy
            Museum Trouble Maker
            • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by drmego

No. Even the FX pieces aren't selling well on the secondary market. Though they're insanely overpriced to start with. Figuring the need for a minimum of 3000 per character (guess), I just don't see it making dime one. Would I and a few others buy a set? Of course. But there is no way I see 3000 pieces moving without a major distribution backing it. Maybe if Diamond got involved or even a couple of smaller off beat retail locations grouped together. Even with an ebay influence, I don't think the minimum amount of figures could be moved. Just not enough outlets IMO. Would be cool if it happened though. I would love to have a set in my collection.
            It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

FX show has no rights to the Greatest American Hero - that deal was only for the
              three days of the 2007 FX show.

so if you'd like,you can still keep making the exact same figure and keep selling them let's say on ebay? Just curious
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• apes3978
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 19, 2005

If Cannell wants to make a new show, it may mean that he is willing to give out licenses for it.

As stated by me in the recent GAH prototype thread, no it wouldn't be worth it... The market isn't there for GAH figures... DVDs maybe (as I think the whole series is out now?) but I can't see any figures selling in the numbers of the reissued ST figures for example...

Even if they'd be "MEGOesque" like the EMCE Toys stuff, I think only a handful of people would buy them, and I think most of them would do it to be completist... My guess is (as stated in the recent "prototype" thread) is most people would say "Why the he** did they make theses crappy GAH figures when they should have been making a (fill in the blank) figure...

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎