X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UnderdogDJLSW
    To Fear is Not Logical...
    • Feb 17, 2008

Any Mego-y things around Myrtle Beach?

Our family vacation will be down in South Carolina this year. Anyone know of any vintage shops or neat museums around there?
    It's all good!
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

I actually have hit some flea markets down there a few years back and made some nice scores. Little on the Mego side, but did pick up 2 24" shogun warriors, that brought me a nice profit on ebay when I got home. Got both for around $7. Don't have any addresses, but the big one I went to I found in one of those travel books, you get at the hotels and McDonalds and places like that. I believe it was just outside MB.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

I believe around November there's a Pez convention that's suppose to be free. I only bring it up because you may be able to pick up the Batman villain ones there.

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

I lived in MB from '72-'75 but I'm guessing anywhere I got megos at is long gone (Grants being one of them). I would suggest when you check into your room to look in the phone book and see what's listed under comics and collectibles. I did that everytime I traveled to a new city with my last job.

Last time I went through MB the Pavillion was still there and is a mini amusment park. Don't know if it's still around or not as that was over 10 years ago.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Hotfoot
          Dazed and Confused
          • Dec 30, 2007

Go to the KISS CoffeeHouse they have a few Kiss Mego's on display.

http://www.kisscoffeehouse.com/2006-01-16.htm

This picture shows what they have on display!
          Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• Hotfoot
            Dazed and Confused
            • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by ScottA
            I lived in MB from '72-'75 but I'm guessing anywhere I got megos at is long gone (Grants being one of them). I would suggest when you check into your room to look in the phone book and see what's listed under comics and collectibles. I did that everytime I traveled to a new city with my last job.

Last time I went through MB the Pavillion was still there and is a mini amusment park. Don't know if it's still around or not as that was over 10 years ago.
            They demolished the Pavillion for development. Its now an empty lot. Some of the rides were moved to the Entertainment area Known as Broadway at the Beach near the Hard Rock Pyramid, Margarittaville and other restaurants and shops.

If you go check out RIDEZ. Its Build a Bear for guys. You build your own HotRod, Musclecar, Truck or Tuner car!
            Last edited by Hotfoot; Jul 21, '08, 5:05 PM.
            Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
              To Fear is Not Logical...
              • Feb 17, 2008

Thanks for all of the mentions. I'm digging the KISS Pez dispensers in that photo!
              It's all good!

Comment

• megocrazy
                Museum Trouble Maker
                • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                I believe around November there's a Pez convention that's suppose to be free. I only bring it up because you may be able to pick up the Batman villain ones there.
                I just found these in Wal Mart last week. Keep checking as I'm sure they'll be hitting everywhere soon.
                It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎