Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Author of Mego 8-inch Super-Heroes: Worlds Greatest Toys! Benjamin Holcomb Interview

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aquatroy
    Permanent Member
    • Apr 28, 2002

Author of Mego 8-inch Super-Heroes: Worlds Greatest Toys! Benjamin Holcomb Interview

Benjamin Holcomb was interviewed on the World of Toys podcast. Scroll down to "Episode 2 - Mego 8 Inch".
    Really nice interview. The pure Mego love really comes through.
    Hey! Check out the pictures.
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Cool. I once met Holcomb at a toy show in West Virginia. You know, he was a real regular guy. Much cuter than his 8" custom
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 1, 2005

Cool listening now!

Comment

• imp
        Mego Book Author
        • Apr 20, 2003

Cool. I forgot about that interview. Thanks for posting a link!
        It's weird to listen to oneself, and particularly because I had almost lost my voice when I did that interview. I sound... froggy.

The interviewers were really cool, and it was a blast to talk to two guys who remember Mego so vividly, yet aren't currently active collectors. I wouldn't doubt if they become collectors soon, though.

BTW, does anyone have a link to the Women's Day "Super City" plans? I also forgot I'd promised to look that up for one of the interviewers. Any help would be appreciated.

-b

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

I think Mitch had one not sure if he still does after he had problems with his site.

Comment

• aquatroy
            Permanent Member
            • Apr 28, 2002

Originally posted by imp
            Cool. I forgot about that interview. Thanks for posting a link!
            It's weird to listen to oneself, and particularly because I had almost lost my voice when I did that interview. I sound... froggy.

The interviewers were really cool, and it was a blast to talk to two guys who remember Mego so vividly, yet aren't currently active collectors. I wouldn't doubt if they become collectors soon, though.

BTW, does anyone have a link to the Women's Day "Super City" plans? I also forgot I'd promised to look that up for one of the interviewers. Any help would be appreciated.

-b
            Very cool B. You should go to the World of Toys forum and check out the feedback from the interview. Myself, I hope they have you back and you can talk about the other "World's Greatest" lines. I'm a big fan of the Knights. I would also like to hear your thoughts on Mego Customizing.

BTW, I'm also interested in the Super City plans. It would be great if a link could be posted.

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 1, 2005

Here's a link to an online article about the Supercity with some pics, but not the entire blueprints. Comics 101: Scott Tipton's Comics 101

Comment

• aquatroy
                Permanent Member
                • Apr 28, 2002

That's sweet!

Comment

• NewForce
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 5, 2008

how long should it take to download?...I have a cable modem, and have been waiting for 10 minutes +?

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Mitch has provided us with all the Supercity plans but the preservation society relaunch is on my "too do" list, for now, you have a couple of choices.

http://megomuseum.com/megolibrary/preservation/super20city/supercity1.jpg

click on that and change the numbering all the way to 28.

I also have a (Massive) pdf I can send via adrive.com to folks.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎