Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cancelled Mego Black Hole Toys (Vintage Mego)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Cancelled Mego Black Hole Toys (Vintage Mego)

Vintage Mego this week talks about all the cool Black Hole stuff we didn’t get when the merchandise underperformed. We’re talking electronic games, remote-controlled robots, car racing sets, action figures, playsets and vehicles! So much goodness!

More...
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Why they went with 12 inch dolls instead of their 8 inch version was a mistake. I would have bought them since we couldn't get Star Wars.

Growing up all we had were the robots, they were used in our own Star Wars Droid City (along with other robots from other collections). We never had any of the 3.75 inch bases (could not afford them) but that Black Hole does looks nice.
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Feb 20, '22, 2:21 AM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Spyweb007
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 18, 2006

I really like the Cygnus Bridge, I had a few of the 3 3/4 figures and probably would have gotten that playset if it were released back in the day.

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

remote control vincent that would record and repeat phrases from a distance!!! - mind blown

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

As a 9 year old seeing this in the theater I was pretty impressed I must say. Way darker than Star Wars and from Disney no less

Even as a non 9 year old, it's a favorite of mine for nostalgia reasons, and aesthetics for sure. Some scenes and just beautiful and mesmerizing. The Cygnus is one of my favorite space ships of all time too.

8" figures instead of 12" would have allowed the 3 3/4" Vincent and BOB to be almost in scale to those. What a missed opportunity on this for sure.

I've resolved after all of these years of looking that a cheap Bob and Humanoid will never be in my collection. I'm just not paying that much for them. I did pick up a reasonable STAR and felt like a won the lottery a couple of years ago.
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• MrKnowitAll
            • Sep 25, 2021

Love these toy stories getting out. Don't think they would have fared well though. Star Wars owned the world back then. I literally remember isles and isles of just Star Wars.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎