Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rykerw1701
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 27, 2007

As previously stated, I expect we'll see Taylor again, and maybe even another version of Zira, though that's less likely. The high shipping cost is frustrating, particularly for those not in US. But we as collectors are going to drive ourselves nuts, not to mention broke, trying to "collect 'em all." I pick and choose, both from the Topps line and regular releases. i can still live a long, happy life knowing I didn't preorder Zira. Even if in three years, I decide I must add her and she's going for $75 on ebay, I can live with that. My point is, I'm glad there are more options of what to buy, whether it be from Topps or another source. I'm not going to get frustrated because I can't afford all of it. I struggle with the whole complusive/obsessive FMO or whatever it's called too, but a little perspective and patience and the hobby will still be fun, which is the whole point of doing it. And most of us would agree that 90 some percent of this stuff is never going to be worth much. So that takes the pressure off.

End of rant.

Comment

• toyman
      Just Another Collector
      • Sep 1, 2008

Not to be a downer here but what figures would you consider to be the ones that should be sold as exclusives? Your argument could be said for any figures they will sell. I'm sure those figures will still make it to standard retail in some version.

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

First order… easy as could be, 4 figures with a 10% discount and only $16 S/H. Hope Canada gets a reasonable solution soon; such an an oversight. I agree the weekly/2 figure pacing is problematic… why two, why weekly, odd choices given all the other great product available and coming. A better model would make single figure available as a true limited edition until they sold out. As limited editions they also should be special beyond their production numbers. We're all sorta buying into supporting a company we love, without seeing/understanding the vision and end product of these.

Wave 3 POTA seems rushed to me given they shared a proto/mash-up Taylor and EMCE Zira. Taylor's sculpt looks to translate great in vinyl, but his styling has room for improvement. I'd rather have a new, more accurate (Mego-specific) Apes rifles than another knockoff of the Addar rifle. With Zira, I'm banking on getting a variant of the EMCE figures as we did with Cornelius and Zaius, which made them interesting.
        Last edited by Confessional; Aug 31, '21, 9:18 AM. Reason: …supporting and rolling the glyph dice!

Comment

• JamesB.
          • Dec 15, 2013

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          So is Taylor, he's the main character of the movie
          Yes, of course Taylor is the main character, as Heston was the star of the film. But Taylor was never offered in the line before (and Mego could potentially release him at retail in the ANSA astronaut suit), whereas Zira was part of the original and EMCE re-releases. If you live in Canada as I do (or internationally), you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get one of the main figures.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
            Radioactive!
            • Feb 13, 2010

I'd be willing to bet another version of Taylor will be available at retail.

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Confessional
              Wave 3 POTA seems rushed to me given they shared a proto/mash-up Taylor and EMCE Zira. Taylor's sculpt looks to translate great in vinyl, but his styling has room for improvement. I'd rather have a new, more accurate (Mego-specific) Apes rifles than another knockoff of the Addar rifle. With Zira, I'm banking on getting a variant of the EMCE figures as we did with Cornelius and Zaius, which made them interesting.
              I think it's kind of funny that they say Taylor's outfit is "screen accurate"-I'm not quite sure what that brown fabric draped around him is supposed to represent, since it's really nothing like the old blanket he wears while in the apes' custody. I think they touted Zira as being "screen accurate" too, but I'll cut them a bit more slack with that one, since I could imagine making a screen accurate version of her outfit would take more work and time to create-As with the original Mego Zira, it's *is* a reasonable facsimile, though far from an exact representation.

I don't mind Taylor having the Addar rifle, it is a step up from just reusing the M-16, but a more accurate rifle would have been much appreciated.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by apes3978
                I think it's kind of funny that they say Taylor's outfit is "screen accurate"-I'm not quite sure what that brown fabric draped around him is supposed to represent, since it's really nothing like the old blanket he wears while in the apes' custody. I think they touted Zira as being "screen accurate" too, but I'll cut them a bit more slack with that one, since I could imagine making a screen accurate version of her outfit would take more work and time to create-As with the original Mego Zira, it's *is* a reasonable facsimile, though far from an exact representation.

I don't mind Taylor having the Addar rifle, it is a step up from just reusing the M-16, but a more accurate rifle would have been much appreciated.
                The final version will look nothing like the pictures. Taylor wasn't even wearing a top when the picture was taken. The top was pantyhose draped over sticks and photoshopped onto the figure because there wasn't a top for him when the picture was taken. I'm sure it'll look really good when produced.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

all of the figures they show each week are only prototypes and the final product will likely look quite different

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Any guess as to what the figures will be in the morning?

Comment

• Liu Bei
                      Banned
                      • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                      Any guess as to what the figures will be in the morning?
                      My guess is something horror related, Hammer or Universl, but I don’t know anything. Just a logical progression, it would seem.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                        Banned
                        • Mar 31, 2018

BTW, is Topps just doing figures? Any chance for playsets? A haunted house for the horror characters, an Enterprise Bridge, or a Hall of Justice for the DC figures would be a perfect fit for exclusive, lower production runs like we see on Topps.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                          BTW, is Topps just doing figures? Any chance for playsets? A haunted house for the horror characters, an Enterprise Bridge, or a Hall of Justice for the DC figures would be a perfect fit for exclusive, lower production runs like we see on Topps.
                          That would be awesome!

Comment

• SpideyDude73
                            • Jul 5, 2019

DC today??

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

i'm pretty confident it will be horror today. i am curious to see if they will, then loop the 4 series/themes again, or do something completely unexpected for next week

Comment

• SeattleEd
                                SynthoRes Transmigrator
                                • Oct 24, 2007

Star Trek DS9 Sisko and Quark.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡