• Z-man 307
    Museum Super Collector
    • Mar 15, 2010

Green Arrow today!!!!!!

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 23, 2008

I snagged both! I have been wanting Green Arrow updated for years! I love the original and FTC replica but I always hated how his belt was attached to his backpack. I wasn't wanting Ras but picked him up and if I decide to not keep him sell him to someone who missed out.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

They sucked me in again. GA is a real leap of faith, if the production version looks like the easy kitbash pictured I will be disappointed.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

That Ra's Al Ghul sculpt is very much Neal Adam's original design with that elongated noggin and receeding hairline! Great sculpt! I could nitpick and point out that Adams' Ra's never had eyebrows, but I'll leave that alone. He looks great.

I like Green Arrow fine, but I wish his light green wasn't quite as vibrant/day-glo. But either way, I'm in.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• ToyTalk
            Career Member
            • Mar 25, 2020

So any idea when they will start shipping these?
            Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by ODBJBG
              I'd be shocked if those numbers aren't accurate. Simple logic sort of hashes it out.

Shazam and Black Adam have almost identical numbers (most people would order both of those as a pair moreso than any other set to date), but Black Adam slightly less popular overall so some just went for Shazam. Apes figures slightly better sellers, but Zira significantly below Taylor. Trek best sellers yet (as people start to purchase to flip as well seeing the secondary market pre-sells) with Spock selling the most (most iconic figure to date)... Yeah, feels about right.

1000 pcs is probably the threshold to get made.
              I think it is just as possible that the site is showing orders instead of quantities per order. With the 2 figure limit, that would at best double the quantities... but would explain why Mego is stating those numbers are lower than the actuals.

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                That Ra's Al Ghul sculpt is very much Neal Adam's original design with that elongated noggin and receeding hairline! Great sculpt! I could nitpick and point out that Adams' Ra's never had eyebrows, but I'll leave that alone. He looks great.

I like Green Arrow fine, but I wish his light green wasn't quite as vibrant/day-glo. But either way, I'm in.

Chris
                They are both nifty figures. But Ra's is not a character I feel the need as an action figure, and while I love the hooded Green Arrow look... I would have preferred the outfit a little closer to Stephen Amell and less... "day-glo" as you say. I may regret it later, but a little breather for the old wallet won't hurt.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by ToyTalk
                  So any idea when they will start shipping these?
                  Probably in four months for the first ones offered. The site says 90 to 100 business days and the first ones were sold about a month ago. It's a long wait, but not that surprising since they aren't being manufactured until after they are offered.

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by sprytel
                    I think it is just as possible that the site is showing orders instead of quantities per order. With the 2 figure limit, that would at best double the quantities... but would explain why Mego is stating those numbers are lower than the actuals.
                    Even if you're right, assuming 100% of the orders were for two figures each, those still aren't very impressive numbers.

Comment

• imlaughing2death
                      • Jul 20, 2020

Man, STILL no monsters yet? Maybe they're waiting for it to get closer to Halloween season or something.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                        Permanent Member
                        • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by sprytel
                        Could be, but outside of the Museum and the Facebook groups, nobody really knows about this Topps thing. I'm guessing the sales are not going to be that huge regardless.

And even if you doubled them it's still not a huge number but is I suppose within the realm of what I would expect the numbers to be, again, given the limited promotion and general awareness of this (and demand for Mego in general)....

Today's figures look interesting. Don't hate them. Not as strong as the last couple of Trek offerings though, IMO.

That said, the vintage GA head and Ra's more detailed head look like figures from two completely different lines. Not a huge issue but a recurring trend of new sculpts versus old that I am not sure how I feel about.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                          Banned
                          • Mar 31, 2018

Thank God no more Trek stuff this week. My wallet needed a rest.

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

Darn it! I forgot to order the DS9 figures last night! Which means I probably didn't really want them anyway, otherwise I would have ordered them immediately. Which works out well, because that gave me a week off for these...

I can't lie, that's not my favorite Green Arrow costume. I was just fudging between the FTC retro & JLA, and the Mattel GAs last night, to put together a version I was really happy with. I'm not sure which era of GA they are going for here... ? But it's Green Arrow, so I will take a chance on it.

I like the FTC Ra's Al Ghul, but just now comparing pictures of them... I think Mego made the better version. Or at least, the Neal Adams version. Easy purchase.

Comment

• Confessional
                              Maker & Whatnot
                              • Aug 8, 2012

Originally posted by enyawd72
                              Even if you're right, assuming 100% of the orders were for two figures each, those still aren't very impressive numbers.
                              Not sure about that; it might actually be a good indicator of contemporary market share for a limited release in this format. For reference, NECA has proven over time that a 3,000 piece run of their retro line remains in demand and profitable.

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Confessional
                                Not sure about that; it might actually be a good indicator of contemporary market share for a limited release in this format. For reference, NECA has proven over time that a 3,000 piece run of their retro line remains in demand and profitable.
                                Yes, THIS, I remember having a conversation with someone who worked in the licensing department at Universal, and the numbers for a lot of this stuff (including DVDs) would shock a lot of people.
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎