Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

I've been going after all 3 for years now - loose, boxed and carded.

I have everybody loose.

I only need 5 boxed (Goblin, Batman, Conan, Batgirl and Invisible Girl). I haven't been able to find any of these at a good price in a good box.

But I need 13 of them carded, which includes WW, Goblin, Aquaman, Arrow, Riddler, etc. The realistic ones I'm looking for are Thor, Conan, Invisible Girl and Mxy plus all the Titans.

I just want one of each and don't need/want every variation of them all except for Robin of course. And I wouldn't mind having one on the duel card.
    Last edited by ScottA; Jul 7, '08, 10:06 AM.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• toystalker
      none
      • Mar 27, 2008

carded and boxed for me, i dont really like loose stuff, well on top of that my customers dont like it either.

those looking for original carded aquaman frankens i can help, as new force could tell you my good service is always available

but yeah if im to keep a piece it would have to be carded or boxed or its gets sold on

Comment

• spaceace35
        Career Member
        • Feb 1, 2008

loose is fine especially for price
        Rockin Rebels

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

Like them loose, because of pricing...and because all I want to do is customize their outfits.
          Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
          Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
          1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
          1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

I'm similar to Scott in my collecting- I finished my loose WGSH collection a few years back. Now I'm a few away in boxed and carded.

Dan (dumbldore) was right on in saying it is doable. It just takes time and the willingness to get a lesser card or box. I do not see myself ever getting a carded Iron Man or Wonder Woman, but I'd jump on one with a lifted bubble and beat-up card.

Right now I'm focusing on finding my last three boxes- Batgir, Supergirl and Thor.
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• NewForce
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 5, 2008

all excellent advice folks...hence, the reason I asked...who better to bounce ideas off, than fellow collectors!

Comment

• Mr Havoc
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 27, 2008

I like loose with repro boxes. I was a fan of the card and still am but space is getting limited and the boxes work better and take up much less space.

Comment

• WRM
                  Career Member
                  • Jun 2, 2003

I've found through the years obtaining everything I could get my hands on for a reasonable price was my game plan, but after completing the loose items, I turned to completing the MIB...and after coming very close with the boxed guys, my focus is now on the MOC and Kresge figures. I realize the WW and Goblin are "pie in the sky" for just about everyone though.
                  Actually, I'm seriously thinking of selling all my loose figures, MIB figures, and extra MOC Heroes to concentrate on the Kresge and regular MOC items I do not have.

Comment

• highquality
                    #1 Super Guy
                    • Jun 10, 2003

Loose collector myself with a heavy interest in variants and foreign figures.

I've owned quite a few carded figures over time. Some that carded collectors would give their left appendages for, but I always trade or sell them off. I can certainly understand why someone would want them in package, but that plastic and cardboard is in the way of my TOY.
                    WorldMEGO: Where MEGOs Go! 24 Hours a Day

Comment

• PeterRR
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jun 2, 2008

I collect Boxed and Loose mego I have about 60 boxed figures in my collection and over 170 loose Megos . The only carded figures I have are the crew of Star Trek that a friend gave me a few years ago for doing him a favor. I Collect Vintage Gijoes and I also had loose and boxed figure but sold off most of Boxed Joes. I guess you have to collect what you like.
                      Peter

Comment

• fembot
                        Amazon Queen
                        • Jun 28, 2008

Personally if I had my way all of the figures I have would be open, but my husband nags me about not opening the packages. Not because its an investment, but it just doesn't seem "right" to him. He prefers to have it just as it came from the factory.
                        Last edited by fembot; Jul 11, '08, 7:03 PM. Reason: bad grammar
                        Natalie

Comment

• Dennisandco
                          • Dec 25, 2007

When I can , I like to have both . Unopened to put away and loose to set up a display of sorts . But like most say , it's what you can afford .

Comment

• JDeRouen
                            Author of Small Things
                            • Jun 14, 2001

I have all the WGSH boxed, which is how I prefer 'em. Whoever said that boxed is (for the most part) less expensive that carded is correct, which I guess has been fortunate for me as I much prefer the boxes. There are, however, some exceptions. (Isis, to name one.)

I appreciate the beauty of the cards and could spend days looking at Dan's collection, but, except for a brief dalliance with Kresges, I've never really had a desire to own them. I guess I like knowing I can open the boxed if I want or need to, and you really can't do that with the cards.

I do have plenty of carded figures though - POTA, Trek, etc. - but my first choice is always boxed. I've considered going after the original issue boxed POTA, but it bugs me that the second series was only released carded, so I've chosen to keep them all carded rather than have a mixed display. (Which is probably weird, but...)

Joe
                            --
                            Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 1, 2005

I collect all three, really. Still have many holes in my collection but the chase is the fun part anyhow I buy repro boxes and cards, and then I upgrade to the real thing when I can afford it. Recently upgraded from a repro carded Penguin to the real deal, for example, because I found a great bargain. While certain pieces are just so darn scarce at the moment (i.e. carded Iron Man, Wonder Woman, etc.) I think Dan is correct that with patience and time you can find most of the pieces you're looking for.

Comment

• NewForce
                                Persistent Member
                                • Apr 5, 2008

patience, that seems to be the key word.... will have to work on that!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎