X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeterRR
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jun 2, 2008

Grading a Figure as MINT

I Bought on Ebay a Mint Palitoy Zorro, Seller listed it as "Mint" but when I received it one on the Ties on the cape Unraveled and is held together by one String. My question is ,is this considered mint. I alway thought Mint Means Mints no flaws. I never list anything on ebay as mint I list things as near mint beacause someone will alway find a flaw. Now this dealer thinks I'm making this up. Some of you who know me me knows it's not true. I sold a Vintage 1969 Gijoe Aquanaut on ebay for $4400.00 and I want a complete mint Zorro. I could have Zorro repaired but it would cost money to do. I would like all your input
    Thanks
    Peter
  • SUP-Ronin
    Stuck in a laundry shoot.
    • Oct 8, 2007

I think the term mint is used very loosly especially on EBAY. I have seen people say that it is "mint for a 30 year old figure." or even "It is mint but has some repro parts."

I think mint should mean I don't have to do a bloody thing to it because it looks great.
    Mint - No head rubs, all original parts, no runs, rips, or tears, no breaks, cracks, or missing pieces. No discoloring, or staining. Basically nothing wrong. Nothing.

I know the bigger collectors on here have pretty strict guidelines for rating figures and I am interested to see what others say about it.
    "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• batmanmc
      mego batman collector
      • Jun 22, 2004

the only time i list any figure mint is if its on a card. but list the card accordingly. i agree its a big deal but i would have it fixed if thats all thats wrong and keep the figure if he is mint. mike

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

"Mint" and "rare" are the two most overused terms on ebay (and usually used incorrectly). To me, mint means perfect, you can't find a single flaw no matter how hard you look, it should look brand new regardless of age.

Comment

• AUSSIE-Rebooted-AMM
          I was NEVER here!
          • Jun 22, 2008

Mint. . .means as if it was just made fresh "out of the MINT" (mint meaning where money / other things are made). . .doesn't it. Mike/Batmanmc is absolutely correct, as is MegoRonin.

It has to be as if it just rolled out of the factory 5 minutes ago! Your figure obviously isn't then. . . .but I would also agree with Mike. . .getting it fixed is probably a better option. . . than starting to look over again, and possibly getting no quite as nice a figure. . .if that fault is the only flaw.

Comment

• grayhank
            That Fisher Price Guy
            • Feb 9, 2007

Deleted
            Last edited by grayhank; Aug 11, '08, 10:36 AM.
            Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

Yeah, but the tricky thing with MIB Megos, there is usually no kind of seal on the boxes, so you may not even know if the figure was ever removed from the box or not.

Comment

• PeterRR
                Museum Super Collector
                • Jun 2, 2008

Thanks guys for all the input. I'm trying to work out something with seller to get a partial refund but he thinks I'm making it up. I don't like to go through paypal dispute because they take you money and hold it until matter is resolved and you don't get your ebay fees back unless buyer agrees on a matual agreement. I know i've been on the seller side and buyer always wins Here a photo let me know if this is mint
                Thanks
                Peter http://members.aol.com/kanjar/cape.jpg
                Last edited by PeterRR; Jul 1, '08, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎