X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

An Update on My Original Megos...

It is disappointing. Nathan didn't find them.

I know I've bored several of you with this story before but let me bore those of you who haven't heard it.- In Sixth Grade, I sold all of my still-in-pretty-good condition, complete with box WGSH figures to Nathan Leventhal for $10 a piece. I thought I was incredibly shrewd, getting almost triple what I paid for them. Yeah, a real frickin' John D Rockefeller. Anyway... Nathan's mother was quite the pack rat. I don't think she reached hoarder level, but there were stacks of old pizza boxes throughout the house. As Nathan and his sister headed off to college, she began stuffing things in their rooms, too.

Fast forward to about 2005. Talk of original Megos here at the Museum inspires me to track down Nathan, now living in North Jersey. I ask if his mother stills lives in the hoarded house back on Secklepear Rd? She does. And are most of his childhood things buried somewhere in his childhood room? Most likely, but he hasn't been able to enter his room for years. Would you like some help cleaning the old house out, for the benefit of your mother, of course. Nope. Nathan tells me he doesn't even want to attempt that. He's waiting to be forced to do it if his mother passes away some day. Ettiquette restrains me from saying, "Well, if your mother kicks the bucket..."

Another jump to last weekend when I'm on a Zoom call with a bunch of Corona-isolated high school buddies and Nathan joins in. He tells me he did finally clean out his mother's house a few years back and no Heroes, but... he did find a one-armed, one-legged Ape figure. It turns out it's not even a Mego Ape, but rather an Astro Ape. Well, at least I can lay to rest any hope of getting back my original Megos and move forward with my collecting life.
    Last edited by Wee67; Apr 26, '20, 2:13 PM.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

Originally posted by Wee67
    …but rather an Astro Ape…
    S C O R E !!!

… sans your WGSH reunion, quite an wild tale nonetheless.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Dang. At least you tried.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰